UTSW 2016-2017 Application Cycle

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just received my acceptance call, I am beyond excited!

JUST GOT THE CALL! I interviewed on 9/10! Was not expecting this at all! yayayayayay!!!!!

Congratulations to you both on being accepted! Do y'all know if we have a deposit to pay, or when they'll email us more info? I haven't heard anything since emailing back the acceptance form.

Congratulations to you both on being accepted! Do y'all know if we have a deposit to pay, or when they'll email us more info? I haven't heard anything since emailing back the acceptance form.

I'm not sure, they said I'd be receiving some emails with more information within the next few days.

I just want to reiterate what was posted earlier, I received 2 phone calls on Wednesday with no voicemails and didn't pick up. I was in the ER/thought they were spammers calling me. Thankfully, I read this forum and called back first thing yesterday. I found out that I am accepted!! I interviewed 10/1 and was in the afternoon session. Just a reminder to answer your phone if you see a 214 number!!

I just want to reiterate what was posted earlier, I received 2 phone calls on Wednesday with no voicemails and didn't pick up. I was in the ER/thought they were spammers calling me. Thankfully, I read this forum and called back first thing yesterday. I found out that I am accepted!! I interviewed 10/1 and was in the afternoon session. Just a reminder to answer your phone if you see a 214 number!!

Yay congrats!!

For those that have already interviewed, do you have any tips for the approach to the MMI? I am interviewing 10/28-29 and want to be as prepared as I can. I know that MMI is a little difficult to prepare for, but just wondering if anyone had any advice? Thanks!

I just looked at MMI questions online to help me practice thinking of a logical and organized answer on the spot. TBH I don't think it helped because I still felt flustered and nervous during the interview. The best advice I can give is don't think about giving the "right" answer or one they want to hear, just say what you're thinking and even say before your answer "I'm just going to think out loud" then even if you mess up and want to fix your answer they can see how you think. Also BREATHE. whenever you're nervous or are losing your thought process, take a deep breath. Good luck!

Archived