UTSW 2016-2017 Application Cycle

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you look at the discussion thread below titled "interview dates for class of 2019" it has details regarding interview dates.

I went to an information session and the dates were disclosed there, they are also found on the previously mentioned thread, and if I'm not mistaken the dates are also listed on the website.

Awesome thanks :)

Would any of you who have received interview invites so far mind posting your stats? In-state applicant who is patiently waiting as well :)

Sure. I understand the feeling, the waiting game is the pits!

Not one to enjoy tootin' my own horn, but here ya go:

Overall GPA: 3.95

Science GPA: 3.76

CASPA verified 5/17/16

GRE: 311-- 160 Verbal, 151 Quant, 5.0 Writing

2700+ hrs of direct patient care experience as a medical assistant at a clinic and as a diet technician in a hospital (still working as a diet tech)

1100+ hrs of healthcare related experience, by working as a clinical administrative assistant, volunteering at hospitals, attending Grand Rounds through my hospital network.

30+ hrs of shadowing practitioners, one of which is a PA; includes surgeries, family medicine, occupational health/urgent care

200+ hrs of volunteer service as a co-director my church's youth group, mission trip to Penasco, NM, member of the Christian Education Committee and table parent at my church, volunteer at a multi-cultural, low-income local elementary school in my hometown, member of two service fraternities in college

3 letters of recommendation: one from a PA, one from my clinical supervisor, and one from a college professor of Anatomy of Physiology

I have a bachelor of science in Biology; graduated May 2014.

I can speak and write Spanish at an intermediate level.

I am a 24 year old hispanic/white female.

I have not participated in any clinical research. Just a lab member in a study involving bats for one semester.

That pretty much sums me up. I really am grateful that I got an interview with UTSW, hope you get the chance to interview too.

Archived