UTSW 2016-2017 Application Cycle

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Interviewed 10/1 and have not heard anything either. I recall during the interview they told us to let them know if we get an acceptance elsewhere, but they never replied to that email either. 

I haven't received an interview invite, but I also haven't received any sort of rejection like other folks in here. Submitted my app in mid-May. 

I applied in July, and got word back about being under review. Haven't heard anything since July, though. One friend got an e-mail saying she was not accepted or getting an interview invite. I've heard nothing either way. Do y'all think maybe I'm still a potential contender for an interview since I have not gotten a rejection notice yet? 

For those who haven't heard anything, I was in the same boat. I sent them an email inquiring my status on the 9th. They replied on the 10th, saying I should hear something in a couple of weeks. I was 90% sure that was code for rejection. Then I ended up getting an interview invite on the 11th for November 12th.

It won't hurt to shoot them an email with your caspa ID and your UTSW EMPLID number. For some reason, I feel having asked about my app probably helped me.

P.S. 

I submitted my app on 8/4

For those who haven't heard anything, I was in the same boat. I sent them an email inquiring my status on the 9th. They replied on the 10th, saying I should hear something in a couple of weeks. I was 90% sure that was code for rejection. Then I ended up getting an interview invite on the 11th for November 12th.

It won't hurt to shoot them an email with your caspa ID and your UTSW EMPLID number. For some reason, I feel having asked about my app probably helped me.

P.S. 

I submitted my app on 8/4

I've e-mailed them twice with updates on my hours, gave them my CASPA number, and haven't gotten a response haha. Maybe I'll give them a call next week. Not a huge deal, but it'd be cool to hear some good news from them.

Has anyone heard anything else from UTSW post-acceptance? Does anyone know if we have to pay a deposit to hold our spot, or when they're supposed to be sending out the emails with housing info and other information?

Aside from the accept/decline form, I have not received an email regarding a deposit or any further info.

Has anyone heard anything else from UTSW post-acceptance? Does anyone know if we have to pay a deposit to hold our spot, or when they're supposed to be sending out the emails with housing info and other information?

Nope. Just sent the form and haven't heard andything else. Post on here when you do! I'm sure they're waiting until they're done with all interviews.

Yeah, don't e-mail them haha. I e-mailed them yesterday and they e-mailed me back saying they would let me know in a few weeks and then I got a rejection e-mail tonight!

I also received a rejection email tonight. I was verified sometime in late June/early July.

Hi guys! Current UTSW student here to try and quell the panic! Let me answer some common questions I've seen on here recently... don't worry about the seat deposit because UTSW does not have one! Just submit your signed acceptance form back to the office and that's really all you have to do until school is about to start. As for the FB group, we have created one for y'all but we can't start adding members until we have the list of confirmed acceptances :) I saw that some of y'all have already found us so be patient! It IS the right group, and you will get added when the time is right. Happy to answer any other questions y'all may have concerning interviews and acceptances!

Hi guys! Current UTSW student here to try and quell the panic! Let me answer some common questions I've seen on here recently... don't worry about the seat deposit because UTSW does not have one! Just submit your signed acceptance form back to the office and that's really all you have to do until school is about to start. As for the FB group, we have created one for y'all but we can't start adding members until we have the list of confirmed acceptances :) I saw that some of y'all have already found us so be patient! It IS the right group, and you will get added when the time is right. Happy to answer any other questions y'all may have concerning interviews and acceptances!

No deposit sounds awesome!

Should I delete the group that I've created? We have 5 members in it so far.

It's up to you! Y'all are free to use it until you can be added to the official group :)

If we haven't been accepted yet after the interview how likely is it that we will get a call later?? Or rather, how many are accepted immediately after each interview and how many are left to be decided at the end??

I have heard conflicting reports on this but it sounds like you understand the process much more clearly :)

If we haven't been accepted yet after the interview how likely is it that we will get a call later?? Or rather, how many are accepted immediately after each interview and how many are left to be decided at the end??

I have heard conflicting reports on this but it sounds like you understand the process much more clearly :)

Generally, only a small number of people get the phone call the week right after the interview. Usually, it's MAYBE 3-4 people per session who get called  immediately (so for double interview days, it would be 8-10). The committee meets on Tuesday so usually calls will go out that night or the night after. However, they also re-review all applications after each interview session so for example, a bunch of people from the 09/10 interview got called right after the 10/01 interview. If you haven't gotten a call yet, do not get discouraged!!! The biggest review of apps and amount of phone calls usually goes out after the very last interview session, so for this year that will be sometime in November. :) 

I have a question for those who have already interviewed. Did they make any accommodations for those interviewees who brought their luggage with them on Saturday? I have to fly out right after the interview and would like to know if this is an option. Thanks in advance!

There will be tons of space in the main "waiting" room to bring in all of your stuff.  

Archived