Arizona: Northern Arizona University, NAU 2016-2017 Application Cycle

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello I interviewed yesterday and haven't heard anything yet. Did anyone who interviewed yesterday get an early acceptance yet? The campus is absolutely beautiful and the staff are amazing. For those interviewing in the future, prepare for an enjoyable day.

Congrats on getting an interview and good luck! Hopefully you will hear back soon:) Did they happen to mention when the last interview date is or if they are still sending out invites? Some people said the last interview was in Nov or Decemeber, and someone else said February haha

Hello I interviewed yesterday and haven't heard anything yet. Did anyone who interviewed yesterday get an early acceptance yet? The campus is absolutely beautiful and the staff are amazing. For those interviewing in the future, prepare for an enjoyable day.

Yes, I received an acceptance yesterday, so I know they are on top of it. From what Kay said in my Q&A, most offers are given out as a result of the weekly rollover process, where they compare interviewees from previous sessions to the most recent people. It really seems like they maintain a transparent process without hidden strategy. I agree fully with what you said about the interview day. Huge reason for people to apply here in the future! This was not quite the experience I had at another school last year. Good luck!!!

Yes, I received an acceptance yesterday, so I know they are on top of it. From what Kay said in my Q&A, most offers are given out as a result of the weekly rollover process, where they compare interviewees from previous sessions to the most recent people. It really seems like they maintain a transparent process without hidden strategy. I agree fully with what you said about the interview day. Huge reason for people to apply here in the future! This was not quite the experience I had at another school last year. Good luck!!!

Congrats!!!

Omg how exciting Nate! Congratulations! I am very happy for you! Everyone was so great on Wednesday! Especially the 1st year students! To the others asking about possible interview dates, Kay mentioned something about there being up to 8 possible interview dates if they can't find what they're looking for. So don't give up hope. They are going to be sending more interview invites out I believe.

Omg how exciting Nate! Congratulations! I am very happy for you! Everyone was so great on Wednesday! Especially the 1st year students! To the others asking about possible interview dates, Kay mentioned something about there being up to 8 possible interview dates if they can't find what they're looking for. So don't give up hope. They are going to be sending more interview invites out I believe.

Thank you so much for the information! No word yet, but trying to remain positive in the mean time. Did they tell you how many acceptances they  have so far? And congrats to both of you! 

I'm not sure how many people have been accepted so far. I did overhear one gal say there was about 20ish so far with a seat, but I'm not sure if that's true. She was also another interviewee.

I heard Kay say that there were about 20 seats remaining, but perhaps you are correct. Either way is close to halfway so that should be hopeful for many pending interviewees to know that there is still much to consider.

Did she happen to say how many more interview dates? 

Not a specific number but I know the answer is plural. She said this year they plan to interview around 150 (30 more than year's past). So with 50 total seats, 1 in 3 will be selected. That includes the people that have already received a no. You could try to figure out how many interviews have already taken place to determine about how many are selected per interview date, then figure about how many more interviews are needed to fill 20-25 more seats. It might be better to use that time for additional shadowing/community service opportunities. That's just my take on it. Plus, it might take things off the mind. No reason to get psyched out before you have met with them. From my experience and what was said by Faculty, everyone with an interview is qualified. The focus of the interview is much more on interpersonal traits. :)

I heard Kay say that there were about 20 seats remaining, but perhaps you are correct. Either way is close to halfway so that should be hopeful for many pending interviewees to know that there is still much to consider.

Nate, Did they call our email you to offer you a seat in the program? So exciting!! Have you heard of anyone getting rejection letters yet?

Update as of 10am today: "We are still scheduling and conducting interviews, and some denials will go out soon. But we are not through the list of applicants and may not be until Jan. We are interviewing a few more this year so the process is taking a bit longer than usual. "

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you for the update!!!!

Update as of 10am today: "We are still scheduling and conducting interviews, and some denials will go out soon. But we are not through the list of applicants and may not be until Jan. We are interviewing a few more this year so the process is taking a bit longer than usual. "

Hi All! Yesterday morning I received an email offering me an interview on Wed, November 30th!!! I'm very excited, and of course, nervous. Has anyone else heard about an interview that day?

Wow, good for u. It sounds like they are interviewing WELL OVER 125 students tho.

Archived