Arizona: Northern Arizona University, NAU 2016-2017 Application Cycle

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I haven't heard anything back from them yet guys.. My CASPA was verified on 7/22 and my supplemental app was submitted on 7/15.. am I too late? I wish I could have applied earlier but I had to take microbiology over the summer to finish my prereq.. and my professor was taking a while to finish the letter of rec, he submitted it on 8/2.. (last letter out of the three)

supplemental app? do you mean the separate graduate application?

Apparently you have to submit a completely separate application in addition to the CASPA application. They are the only school in AZ that does this, so I submitted my CASPA application and assumed that everything was fine. My cousin interviewed here last year and never heard anything regarding being accepted, wait listed or rejected even after he tried calling admissions (luckily he was accepted into another program). Based on that information, I decided to be patient and wait for an email from NAU rather than contacting them. However, after reading the previous posts on this forum I called the graduate school and asked about the separate application and they said that the deadline was September 1st (which I missed by a week). Being a first time applicant, I thought all schools just used CASPA and was unaware of submitting separate applications. So if you haven't heard anything from NAU and did not submit the separate application then your application was not complete and they will not review your CASPA application! You live and you learn!

I submitted at the end of May and I received an invite for Sept 21st last week. I'm not sure how many invites have been sent out.

Did you get a phone call or email? I'm anxious every time I get a phone call, hoping it's my interview invite. Are they seriously rolling admissions!?! I was under the impression they're not rolling admissions. I hope I don't get a late interview, I submitted late August :(

Did you get a phone call or email? I'm anxious every time I get a phone call, hoping it's my interview invite. Are they seriously rolling admissions!?! I was under the impression they're not rolling admissions. I hope I don't get a late interview, I submitted late August :(

It was by email. I have heard of people applying in August and even September and still getting invites so dont stress too much :)

Archived