AAPA Calendar supplement to "PA Professional"

• Administrator

So I got a chance to look through this month's "PA professional" magazine, and was drawn in by the calendar insert. While I thought the October vignette won for "cheesiest" ("I'm a PA. I honor and celebrate my colleagues during PA week"), I have a serious question about the cover photo:

What on earth is the Asian female PA depicted doing with her stethoscope? It's positioned at the eyeline between camera and PA, so my first thought was that it's more usual to do "broad H" extraocular muscle testing with a pen or fingertip... but then I notice she has the earpieces in. So really, can anyone enlighten me about which procedure would have a PA using a stethoscope to listen to a patient's face?

So I got a chance to look through this month's "PA professional" magazine, and was drawn in by the calendar insert. While I thought the October vignette won for "cheesiest" ("I'm a PA. I honor and celebrate my colleagues during PA week"), I have a serious question about the cover photo:

What on earth is the Asian female PA depicted doing with her stethoscope? It's positioned at the eyeline between camera and PA, so my first thought was that it's more usual to do "broad H" extraocular muscle testing with a pen or fingertip... but then I notice she has the earpieces in. So really, can anyone enlighten me about which procedure would have a PA using a stethoscope to listen to a patient's face?

so, i haven't seen the photo. but i have heard of people auscultating for temporal artery bruits. also, heard of people listening for other cranial bruits over the orbit like this: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK289/figure/A596/?report=objectonly

but what your post really reminded me of was this:

post-19034-137934850969_thumb.jpg

Archived