If I couldn't become a PA/MD, I'd become a ___________

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
keep em both on your nametag for a bit of st. cred

armymommax2, pa-c, rrt

Thank you for posting this....I was hoping it would be okay to keep my RT credentials. I am very proud to be an RT. I am also very proud to have been a part of the professions progression of being thought of as mere "Ventolin Jockies." No one really appreciated us (back in the day) except the COPD patient. ;) The rest were usually coding or on a vent and didn't know who was at the head of the bed trying to save their lives.....Again Thank you for validating how I wanted my name tag to read. :) :)

Thank you for posting this....I was hoping it would be okay to keep my RT credentials. I am very proud to be an RT. I am also very proud to have been a part of the professions progression of being thought of as mere "Ventolin Jockies." No one really appreciated us (back in the day) except the COPD patient. ;) The rest were usually coding or on a vent and didn't know who was at the head of the bed trying to save their lives.....Again Thank you for validating how I wanted my name tag to read. :) :)

I encourage everyone to do this. it helps dispel the myth that all pa's have 2 yrs training right out of high school and nothing else which is how the militant rn's and np's like to depict us. my nametags all say emedpa, pa-c, emt-p. the year I was in medic school was one of the most difficult of my life(honestly harder for me than pa school due to some really antagonistic preceptors) and I'm proud of my medic cert and the time I worked as a 911 medic.

Archived