Quick and Dirty CME Cat I?

If you are a member of AAPA you can do the CME articles from the JAPA mag going back 1 year, so you can go back to Nov 2010 . So that is 12 pot CME I . BTW- They don't have to be "your" issues and you did not have to be a member the past 12 months you ONLY have to be a member when you do the CME online quiz.

If you take the FREE Buprenorphine class... you will kill 2 birds with one stone.

The hrs you need

The Long-acting Opioid class you will need here in WA state.

I'm guessing Mike doesn't tend to write for the kinds and #s of nacrs that would require him to take the course. don't you really only need the course if you work in pain management or a primary care practice that puts folks on narc contracts? I can see why you need it C but I don't know anyone else here or elsewhere who does. most of the pcp's in my area refer folks to pain management if they require regular opiate therapy. you can write for intermittent doses not to exceed 120 tabs without the class, right? I tend to write for 20 tabs max at one time and not on an ongoing basis, what with being in em and all.

I'm guessing Mike doesn't tend to write for the kinds and #s of nacrs that would require him to take the course. don't you really only need the course if you work in pain management or a primary care practice that puts folks on narc contracts? I can see why you need it C but I don't know anyone else here or elsewhere who does. most of the pcp's in my area refer folks to pain management if they require regular opiate therapy. you can write for intermittent doses not to exceed 120 tabs without the class, right? I tend to write for 20 tabs max at one time and not on an ongoing basis, what with being in em and all.

Part of my deal with the Medical Quality Assurance Commission was to promise I would not write for L A Opioids.

• 2 weeks later...

The Cleveland Clinic also has free Category 1 CME on a variety of topics. You just have to create a "myCME" account (free), and you can rack up as many as you want. Like Medscape, they keep a transcript for you and you can print certificates at any time. I just discovered this resource and it seems to be of good quality. My assessment thus far is that overall it is of higher quality than the Medscape CME (though I'm not opposed to Medscape, either). Here is the link:

http://www.clevelandclinicmeded.com/

Archived