Just received an email placing me on hold for an interview

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On Oct. 31st I received an email saying my application was "complete". On Nov 11th. I received the "hold" email. I think it really depends because as far as I know, they get a LOT of applications. Good luck!

On Oct. 31st I received an email saying my application was "complete". On Nov 11th. I received the "hold" email. I think it really depends because as far as I know, they get a LOT of applications. Good luck!

i got the email saying my application is completed on oct 3. ever since, i have not received any news. do you think i should call them? and how do i go about asking them for my status? thank you

i got the email saying my application is completed on oct 3. ever since, i have not received any news. do you think i should call them? and how do i go about asking them for my status? thank you

Its really up to you. Maybe they are either still processing the application (remember, they get A LOT) and/or your application merits additional review? I"m not a pro so maybe others may want to chime in but I say just be patient. I always get nervous when I email/call schools - I don't want to annoy them..haha.

That is interesting that some people are getting the hold email and others are not. Can I ask what are people's stats who did receive the hold email and those who did not? Mine is a 3.2, I know that is not the greatest but I am a reapplicant and believe Western is the place for me :) hopefully this is my year!

Is the hold email good or bad?

Yes and no I would say. It's bad in a sense that they are looking at higher qualified candidates to fill the seats in before considering you for an interview. However, its good in a sense that are considering you but due to some aspect of your application they can't offer you an interview right a way but still like you enough that they don't want to reject you and will keep you around in case there are interview spots left.

That's just my opinion, so don't put 100% truth in it.

I'm a re-applicant that was on the waitlist last year and got a 'hold' status email b/c my science GPA is just under 3.0 even though my overall is 3.25 and pre-req > 3.5. Just goes to show that the application requirements for PA school is getting tougher every year and even if you were close last year, it's no guarantee you'll get in the following year.

Maybe they are just placing everyone who meets the minium qualifications on a interview hold until the deadline for applications has past. Maybe interview slots will first be given to those that far exceed the min req (GPA4.0 and 5k Direct HCE etc....) Just throwing it out there I don't really know. All you can do is sit back and wait to hear. Keep this in mind at least you did not get a rejection letter! Good Luck

Ugh. From Western's website......

Admissions Process

To give you peace of mind, we will e-mail you when each part of your application has been received. Should you be invited to interview, you can expect to hear from us via email in early February. On-campus interviews of selected applicants are typically held in Pomona February through early March.

Looks like the wait has just begun....ha.

:xD:

I have not yet received an interview invite but my application was completed Oct. 31st due to my professor taking her sweet time completing the secondary letter of rec ugh still angry about that. But anyway, my friend's co-worker received an interview invite already so it might have just begun!

• 4 weeks later...

Just got an Email put me on "hold" status... They said they are currently giving out interview invites for ppl whose overall, prereq, and science GPA above 3.4.. Just keep updating the transcript and after they done with those higher GPA applicants, we will be considered..my overall is slightly under 3.4.... Anyway, let's keep our hopes up! Finger crossed

Archived