Just received an email placing me on hold for an interview

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sure no problem..I submitted my supplemental on August 16th and recieved the hold status of my application on Sep 7th. Last year I had an interview November 11th so that is before the Dec 1st supplemental deadline. I am just wondering if there are people out there who have gotten interview invites or this hold status i received?

Ya who knows what the hold status means..last year I received an interview invite around 10/6. So we will see as the month goes on. But the email said specifically "we cannot guarantee that you will be granted an interview, but you are still being considered"...fingers crossed though for an invite still!

No..last year after my application was complete I just recieved an interview invite in early October. I know after your interview you are placed in an accpeted, alternate, hold, or rejected pile. Hold status after an interview means they would have to get through all their alternates before accepting the people on hold. But in this case until people start getting interview offers we will not know exactly what it means.

Did you have pre-reqs in progress? Maybe they are waiting to see what the rest of the applicant pool looks like once others submit supplementals? Perhaps you are on "hold" in case they don't see anything else they like, then they will take you in for an interview? There is most likely "something" they are having reservations about with your application, but hopefully they look past it and interview ya already! (: That's my GUESS! Best wishes as you await the clarification!

Just submitted my supplemental app last week (Sept. 23). Do you think I am relatively late and will be toward the back of the review process. I was waiting on a teacher for the supplemental letter of recommendation but was invited to Midwestern AZ for an interview so I procrastinated pushing my Western app in because I was overly confident I would get in and would go. I got a slice of humble pie and was notified I was on the "alternate list" which at that school is the same as the rejection list since anyone not accepted is places on that list. Are there many people who interview at Western before the new year?

• 3 weeks later...

I received an email on 9/29 stating my application was put on "hold." As per the email states, "the Admissions Committee is currently considering applicants for interview with an overall, prerequisite, and science GPAs of 3.00 and higher at the time of application"--I suppose this is due to my not so stellar science GPA, though I do have courses in progress which will hopefully raise that up a bit. At this point, just have to see what happens. This is my first time applying to this school btw.

I received an email on 9/29 stating my application was put on "hold." As per the email states, "the Admissions Committee is currently considering applicants for interview with an overall, prerequisite, and science GPAs of 3.00 and higher at the time of application"--I suppose this is due to my not so stellar science GPA, though I do have courses in progress which will hopefully raise that up a bit. At this point, just have to see what happens. This is my first time applying to this school btw.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived