I'm a new graduate and have been seeking Family Medicine positions in California. 2 weeks ago, I interviewed at an amazing place in SF bay area. It offers 100K and is a 7 minute commute from home! The interviewer said I shouldn't have to worry, that they liked me and thought I'd fit in well. He even gave me his personal phone number in case I needed to call. At the time, I felt really good about the interview. I emailed him a thank you letter 5 days ago and he replied back he enjoyed my visit and that I "should hear back soon". However, I still haven't heard anything and am starting to get 2nd thoughts.If they gave you their number, do they expect us to call/text them? I don't really want to bother him again if he already told me he said I'd hear back "soon".

I recently did another interview in a very remote area in CA and received a job offer immediately afterward. It offers 95K, good benefits and loan repayment. They are willing to wait another 2 weeks for me to make a final decision, but did warn me that the position may be filled by then- so the earlier the better.

So my dilemma is, how long should I wait to hear back from the bay area clinic? I am scared to sign the contract and then find out that the bay area place will offer me the position later on. But then again, maybe they found someone else. Any advice?

Just contact Bay Area clinic and be honest and upfront. Say I interviewed somewhere else and received the offer but would really like to work at ..... I was wondering if you made any decision yet about the position that I interviewed for.

If they are interested they will respond quickly.

Archived