Is CNA Covid-19 tester considered PCE?

So I recently found a job that would work well with my schedule as a CNA covid tester. It entails testing patients and going through screening questions with patients then reporting results to the supervisor.  I am a little worried because I don’t really want to go for the job if it isn’t considered PCE. Has anyone have any info on whether or not this is PCE or HCE?

Now this is my opinion and not trying to rag on COVID testers, but nasal swabbing and asking a pre set list of screening questions would be weak PCE in my opinion. This will probably work for some schools but I do feel as though is could impact competitiveness.  

Good PCE would give you the ability to broaden your knowledge base, increase communication with patients (sick ones), possibly give chances to develop critical thinking (granted this one may be hard for some positions, but working in an actual unit would help develop this). Also, provide exposure to the dynamics of healthcare, teamwork, and medical procedures. Which I do not feel this provides.

I would go with something that provides more E in PCE 🙂

• Upvote 1