Biggest PA dilemma! Help!

If your dream school is one of the top in the country then even improving your app isn't a guarantee you'll get in.  Some of the top programs (I'm just assuming one of those caliber schools is your dream school) get close to 2000 applications for fewer than 100 spots - that's less than 5% acceptance. I'm willing to bet far more than 100 people are more than qualified for those programs.

Did you apply to your dream school this year?  Did you get an interview?  

If you apply again next year, will you ONLY apply to your dream school since that's the only place you'll be happy?  Or will you reapply to more?  Any school that offers you a spot this year is going to look at your app questioningly if you are reapplying again next year after turning down an acceptance this year - which means you probably have to rule out any school you get accepted to this year - and I bet those are also some great schools.

At the end of the day, anyone who passes the PANCE is a a PA regardless of what school they attended.

Why is it your dream school and how expensive is it? If it is really expensive, the dream may evaporate in a few years if you have to pay off loans. What will you learn at this school that will make you a better PA? Have you considered low cost schools with shorter programs followed by a residency?

What you learn in PA school is almost entirely dependent on individual effort. There might be some school that offer potentially better opportunities but it is up to you to make the most of those opportunities. If you are holding out due to ego, go to PA school this year. If you are convinced that the school will afford you access to things no other school can - and that you will maximize use of those opportunities - then think about it.

It will have to be a personal decision based on you, our words of advice are our own and we cannot give the answer you're looking for. That being said, I was accepted to more than one program and part of why I chose the school I did was because of the resources and support available to me. However, I applied to other programs that have far less resources and are not as well known. I would have gladly gone to any one of those programs as well if I had not received an invite to others. I only applied to programs that I would actually attend if accepted, and suggest to all those applying to do the same. Whats the point in spending the effort, time ,and money to apply and interview at a program that you DO NOT WANT TO ATTEND? Let someone else have that spot who wants it. Anyways, now that you've found yourself in a situation where you have an acceptance to a program but really *want* to get into another, you have an important decision to make. Review the program you are accepted to, what are their PANCE pass rates? Will they provide you with the education you need? You're in, I would take the acceptance, attend the program and get out as a practicing PA before you would if you wait for a Possibility of being accepted to the other dream program. In 5 years, it won't really matter which program you attended. How did you feel being on campus for your interviews? I attended an interview and after actually being there, I knew that it was definately not the program for me. Another thing to consider, why will it make you the happiest person in the world? There is negligible difference between one cycle and the next when it comes to improving your application; there isn't much you can do to significantly improve it in one year. Whew, trying not to get soap-boxey here. Take what you will, don't what you won't (ooh, someone will kill me for that grammar) Good luck on your decision

Archived