Which Master's Degree should I get?

I am beginning to work on my pre-reqs, but I'm not sure they'll be enough to make me competitive for PA School as I had a poor undergraduate sGPA almost 13 years ago.  I'm thinking of working on a 1-2 year(s) master's degree after I'm done with all of my pre-reqs… which master's program would make me most competitive AND raise my sGPA after all is averaged into CASPA? I just don't know if only completing my pre-reqs (even with an A) will be good enough (example:  I took Org Chem TWICE and got D's in both iterations.  Even if I got an A this time around it would come out to a (1.0 +1.0 + 4.0)/3 = 2.0, which is a C average; I had a C in genetics, if I got an A now --> (2.0 + 4.0)/2 = 3.0, it would come out to a B average). 

Better yet, is there a master's program in which I can satisfy both pre-reqs for PA school, and take graduate coursework to satisfy and increase my sGPA? I already have two bachelor degrees: my first BS in Biology which I did poorly in back in 2000 @ 2.5; and my second BS in Psychology which I completed last year with a GPA of 3.9, and working on these pre-req classes is almost like working on another Biology bachelor's degree.  I don't want to just keep accumulating bachelor's degrees…!  

Suggestions?  

apply to places that don't require ochem for starters.....there are lots of them....with 2 degrees and your most recent degree with a  good gpa you should be in good shape, assuming you have some good hce, etc.

you probably are around 3.25 between both desgrees, right?

@EMEDPA, do you mean don't apply to PA schools that req Org Chem or a Master's pgm that doesn't req Org Chem? Doesnt CASPA average ALL of our science classes regardless if I'm applying to a PA pgm that wants Org Chem or not? To be honest I have no idea how to actually calculate my sGPA except assign each letter grade to a corresponding number on the 4.0 scale (A=4.0, B=3.0, C=2.0, D=1.0, F=0), then divide by total number of classes but I'm not sure if that's how CASPA calc our sGPA.

I was a former Combat Medic with ~16,000 hrs of HCE, I was a CNA in my college yrs w/ a total of 2,000 hrs of HCE, and I'm currently an EMT so I'm still collecting those hours!

My concern is that even after the completion of Gen Bio 1 & 2, Gen Chem 1 & 2, Org Chem 1, BioChem, Genetics, Micro, and A&P 1 & 2, Immunology, Spanish, Medical Terminology, and Histology-- that I may not have the sGPA to be COMPETITIVE. I don't care about getting into a first tier PA Pgm. I would just like to get into a Pgm that allows me to get back into Emergency Medicine... As a PA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived