2011-2012 Application Cycle for class of 2014

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hello Everyone, I was wondering if people who have submitted everything but their GRE scores yet can get an interview? Thanks

Hello, Midwestern values the GRE very highly and without a GRE in your application will be put on hold. They will not review until those scores and everything else is in.

Congrats, hope you all have a good experience. :) I applied to be a student ambassador, so if I'm chosen I might be one of the students who chats with you before your interview and tells you to TAKE DEEP BREATHS haha. Otherwise I'll wave when I see the gaggle of black suits wandering around campus this fall!

Does anyone know if MU sends out letters of rejection? I am still waiting for an interview invite and am losing hope. My application is complete (confirmed by MU) and has been complete since the first mailing out CAPSA did. This waiting process is quite tortuous. I would just like to know either way.

Does anyone know if MU sends out letters of rejection? I am still waiting for an interview invite and am losing hope. My application is complete (confirmed by MU) and has been complete since the first mailing out CAPSA did. This waiting process is quite tortuous. I would just like to know either way.

I just barely got an interview (and my CASPA was sent out in the first round) so I assume they are still choosing applicants. I think it is waaaaaay too early to be expecting a letter of rejection! They have interview dates in December. I would be patient for a bit longer. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!

I just barely got an interview (and my CASPA was sent out in the first round) so I assume they are still choosing applicants. I think it is waaaaaay too early to be expecting a letter of rejection! They have interview dates in December. I would be patient for a bit longer. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!

Thank you so much!! That gives me hope! I had a very rough summer where everything that could go wrong went wrong, so I guess I am still in the mindset of expecting the worst! :) Good luck on your interview! Congrats!

Hey lewis I wouldn't worry about a letter of rejection until the following year. Never lose hope! Here is the order of emails I got from admissions from the start of the application cycle. I sent my application in to CASPA in September.

October 4, 2010

"We recently received your application from the Central Application Service for Physician Assistants (CASPA) and want to thank you for considering Midwestern University College of Health Sciences for your Physician Assistant education.

You may create your account at https://online.midwestern.edu/public/setupacct.cgi?prog=AGPA'>https://online.midwestern.edu/public/setupacct.cgi?prog=AGPA which will enable you to track the status and receipt of your required application materials. Creation of your account will require entry of the following information:

CASPA ID:

Permanent Zip/Postal Code

Last Name

Upon receipt of any required items, please allow the Office of Admissions 3-5 business days for processing and updating the status of your required documents.

We look forward to working with you in the admissions process and wish you the best in your professional pursuits!"

October 5, 2010

"Greetings from the Office of Admissions at Midwestern University, Downers Grove campus. Our office has recently received all of your required application materials and your application to the Physician Assistant program is complete.

Completed applications are reviewed and invitations to attend on-campus interviews are made on a rolling basis. We will be in contact with you once a decision has been made on your application. Thank you once again for applying to Midwestern University and good luck in the admissions process."

October 26, 2010

"Thank you for your interest in the College of Health Sciences - Physician Assistant Masters Program at Midwestern University. We have reviewed your completed application and are pleased to extend an invitation to visit our campus for a personal interview.

Invited candidates are required to schedule their interviews online using our Interview Scheduling System. Please follow the instructions below to schedule your interview. Applicants who have not previously created an MWU Online account must first create an account before accessing the interview scheduling system. Please click on https://online.midwestern.edu/public/setupacct.cgi?prog=AGPA'>https://online.midwestern.edu/public/setupacct.cgi?prog=AGPA and follow the instructions to create your account. Once your account has been created, follow the instructions below to schedule your interview.

Click on https://online.midwestern.edu to access the MWU Online login screen.

Enter your MWU Online account login (username) and password.

Click on the "Interview Scheduling" link in the sidebar and follow the instructions to schedule your interview.

Please remember that all interviews are scheduled on a first come/first serve basis and the dates you see are listed in real time. We strongly encourage you to schedule your interview as soon as possible as our interview dates fill up quickly. If you wish to withdraw your application from the program, you may do so from within the Interview Scheduling System.

You will need to be in the Office of Admissions at 7:45 am and your day should conclude around 2:30 pm. While here for your interview, you will have an opportunity to tour our beautiful campus, meet with current students, learn more about financial aid, and be provided with lunch compliments of Midwestern University.

For your convenience, we have put together a list of hotels in the immediate area. It may be found at https://online.midwestern.edu/AZ_Hotel_List.pdf. Additionally, you may wish to download the campus map and driving directions at http://www.midwestern.edu/media/virtualtour/MWUVT_Glendale.htm as only a few of the hotels provide shuttle service to campus.

If you have any questions, please contact the Office of Admissions at (888) 247-9277 or (623) 572-3275. We look forward to seeing you here on campus for your personal interview and getting to know you better.

Sincerely,

James M. Walter

Director of Admissions

October 26, 2010

"Thank you for scheduling an interview at the College of Health Sciences - Physician Assistant Masters Program at Midwestern University on Friday, December 10, 2010. Please plan to meet in the Office of Admissions in the Barrel 1 building at 7:45 am that morning. The interview day will last until approximately 2:30 pm and will include a continental breakfast as well as lunch in the Stagecoach Dining Hall. If you have questions or need additional information, please contact the Office of Admissions at 888-247-9277.

For your convenience, we have put together a list of hotels in the immediate area. It may be found at https://online.midwestern.edu/AZ_Hotel_List.pdf. Additionally, you may wish to download the campus map and driving directions at http://www.midwestern.edu/Documents/az_printmap.pdf as only a few of the hotels provide shuttle service to campus."

Midwestern has a pretty quick and efficient system. Like I said they get your grades up within hours! So be on the lookout for emails in your inbox. Hope this helps everyone! Don't be afraid to ask any questions.

Best of luck!

I am still waiting to hear back about an interview as well... I believe my CASPA was the second group to be sent out. Hopefully we will all hear back soon!

I am with you! Mine was in the first batch sent out and I am still waiting as well! Hope I hear soon. I went to MWU for my masters in Biomedical Sciences and I just absolutely love "my" school. Crossing my fingers I hear soon!!

I submitted my CASPA App 8-16-11, it was mailed out 8-19-11, I received confirmation from MWU 8-22-11 and the application complete confirmation with create account info from MWU 8-23. Now I am patiently awaiting an interview invite should I be so privileged! (: Best wishes to all who have and will apply!

Hi All! Don't stress out about interviews! They will come. I submitted my application the first week of July last year a little over a month later, I began to receive invitations to interview. That being said, if you have applied to other programs, know that each one starts reviewing applications at different times so just because you haven't heard back yet, doesn't mean you won't receive an interview.

This forum is a great resource to know when programs begin releasing interviews so just keep an eye on that and do NOT fret if you submitted sooner than some who already have interviews.

Aside from that, the best advice I can give is to (if you haven't already) make sure you check the current class stats and know exactly what each program is looking for. Make sure you are a good match to the programs you apply to and it will be much less stressful:)

Good luck to all of you and remember you have worked hard to get where you are. It will happen.

For those of you interviewing at MWU- I will see you here!

Archived