2011-2012 Application Cycle for class of 2014

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi everyone,

A person from the admission committee had told us that they got together this past Thursday to make some admissions decisions. So far, he said that not all seats are filled yet and interviews are most likely to continue into January. He mentioned that the waitlist is pretty extensive, however, the list gets re-ranked after each interview. In other words, there is still hope! He also said that some students have already been chosen off the waitlist and accepted. Best of luck!

jy - thanks for the update! I didn't think they would be taking people from the wait list so soon. Those that have been taken from the waitlist - do you know when they interviewed? I was told the list is not ranked but they said it is re-ranked? Congrats on your admission :D

fdamico,

I am a first year PA student here. The faculty member whom I spoke to said that everyone is re-ranked after each interview no matter when they interviewed. They usually meet and fight over the fate of each interviewee. If your total score is high after the interview then this is good news bc you will be re-ranked with everyone else who interviewed earlier. However, WHEN they choose to pull from the waitlist is unpredictable-I think their goal is to ensure that 90 seats will be filled by the time the next didactic year starts again. I talked to a lot of my classmates and a lot of them were pulled from the waitlist, myself included. One person was granted admissions 2 wks prior to the start date. Look out for snail mail, emails, or phone calls for acceptance. I got a plain envelope in the mail notifying me of my acceptance without a phone call. Bottom line is to stay positive. GL everyone!

Thanks for the info and the positive attitude! - it makes the waiting game a little easier :)

fdamico,

I am a first year PA student here. The faculty member whom I spoke to said that everyone is re-ranked after each interview no matter when they interviewed. They usually meet and fight over the fate of each interviewee. If your total score is high after the interview then this is good news bc you will be re-ranked with everyone else who interviewed earlier. However, WHEN they choose to pull from the waitlist is unpredictable-I think their goal is to ensure that 90 seats will be filled by the time the next didactic year starts again. I talked to a lot of my classmates and a lot of them were pulled from the waitlist, myself included. One person was granted admissions 2 wks prior to the start date. Look out for snail mail, emails, or phone calls for acceptance. I got a plain envelope in the mail notifying me of my acceptance without a phone call. Bottom line is to stay positive. GL everyone!

Archived