This is my first year applying to Stanford and was curious if they send a confirmation email or something that lets an applicant know the supplemental application was received.

Best of luck to all.

Is this program only for residents of CA?

Nope.... I'm from Washington and applied this year.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1

Reapplying this year. Working on the supplemental essay now. Best of luck to everyone!

Did you interview last year?

I am going to email the program to ask this but, yes, it seems as Cali students are given preference. The reason I asked earlier if this program was just for Cali students was based on the following: http://pcap.stanford.edu/program/

Community Satellites

The PCA program continues its community mission by identifying target areas, recruiting students from these areas, and implementing clinical training through a network of local PA coordinators and physician preceptors. The current target communities are:

• Bakersfield area: Kern county
  • Humboldt county
  • Imperial county
  • Salinas area: Monterey, San Benito, and southern Santa Cruz counties
  • San Diego county
  • Ventura/Los Angeles area

@maxpower i noticed a few schools give preference to residents from where the schools is. MEDEX gives preference to students from the NW, and i think Oregon State also give preference from Oregon. They still accept students from other states, but it seems that residents have an edge. 

• Upvote 1

Has anyone received anything from Stanford yet? The deadline was 10/1 and I'm curious to see how they are going to contact us since there wasn't a postcard for this cycle.

• Upvote 2

Has anyone received anything from Stanford yet? The deadline was 10/1 and I'm curious to see how they are going to contact us since there wasn't a postcard for this cycle.

Nothing. No snail mail. No emails.

• Upvote 3

anyone hear anything yet? didn't even hear if they received my supplemental or not yet... :/

Not one single word.

Hello Everyone. 

I was wondering if anyone has heard anything from Stanford regarding interviews or rejection? 

I submitted my application early on and still haven't heard anything

Do you think we will receive a confirmation email for received applications? Before we hear anything about interview or rejection?

I would say no....

When I received a letter from Stanford last year, it was post-marked as December 23rd, and I didn't actually get the letter in the mail till early January. My interview was Feb. 11th. I think Stanford takes longer reviewing applications for their program simply because they are looking for a very specific applicant. Hang in there, everyone! 

• Upvote 1

When I received a letter from Stanford last year, it was post-marked as December 23rd, and I didn't actually get the letter in the mail till early January. My interview was Feb. 11th. I think Stanford takes longer reviewing applications for their program simply because they are looking for a very specific applicant. Hang in there, everyone! 

Hi oprice165, do you remember about how many applicants were invited to your interview in February? Thanks for the insight!