Question over GPA and two bachelors degrees

Hi all! I've been hanging around the site and reading all the great information. First and foremost I want to say hello and good luck to everyone applying this season. So here is my question regarding GPA. Almost after graduating with my first bachelors degree in which I earned roughly around a 3.3GPA, I enrolled in a second bachelors program (respiratory therapy) and received a 4.0. I'm wondering (im still pending the verification process) how these two GPAs will be calculated. Any info would be great! Thanks and again, good luck to everyone!

• 3 weeks later...

CASPA will combine both GPAs but they will also list them separately. When you look at the copy of your application that gets sent out to all the programs there are several ways they breakdown and list your GPA. They do cumulative, science, BCP, non science, behavioral. GPA by year/subject, grad, post-bac, etc. 

CASPA will combine both GPAs but they will also list them separately. When you look at the copy of your application that gets sent out to all the programs there are several ways they breakdown and list your GPA. They do cumulative, science, BCP, non science, behavioral. GPA by year/subject, grad, post-bac, etc. 

Thanks, yes I just saw this as I've just recently been verified.

• 4 weeks later...

For anyone applying in the future who may be interested in this topic: My two bachelors degrees were combined by semester in order to give me a cGPA. My second bachelors degree which was heavy in science courses also helped boost my sGPA. For those who have not been verified and are starting the process and may be in a situation like mine, your GPA calculation may look something like this:

Freshman GPA                             x.xx

Sophmore GPA                            x.xx

Junior GPA                                    x.xx

Senior GPA                                   x.xx

Post Bac GPA (all hours from 2 years of second degree education)                                 x.xx

total GPA (all GPAs combined)                             x.xx

total science GPA                                                    x.xx

This is a follow up to my main topic in case anyone interested. For RTs, my RT classes weighed heavily into my sGPA and cGPA.

Hope this information is helpful!

Archived