Does anyone know if thomas jefferson university do a Holistic Review or do they automatically reject those that do not have a 3.2 science GPA? I have already emailed the program admissions about this but I have not received a reply and I do not want pay the application fee if they will automatically reject me? Please I need answers asap.

If TJU has a minimum GPA of 3.2 (it's actually 3.25) you will be automatically rejected because that's is where they initially screen out applications. 

I actually applied in 2017 with a 3.54 and was rejected because my shadowing experience was below the 100 hours average for that applicant pool which I thought was weird AF. They dumped my application because my 30 hours wasn't competitive lol. 

2 hours ago, Diggy said:

If TJU has a minimum GPA of 3.2 (it's actually 3.25) you will be automatically rejected because that's is where they initially screen out applications. 

I actually applied in 2017 with a 3.54 and was rejected because my shadowing experience was below the 100 hours average for that applicant pool which I thought was weird AF. They dumped my application because my 30 hours wasn't competitive lol. 

Wow, that is dumb AF

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, LT_Oneal_PAC said:

Wow, that is dumb AF

I thought the same thing...When I read the rejection email with that highlighted I was like wow wtf...out of my entire application THAT was a reason to axe me?...ok w/e.

After the PA department rejected me, the nursing program reached out to me personally and encouraged me to apply...no regrets.

Edited by Diggy

On 8/30/2020 at 2:10 PM, Diggy said:

Wow I am sorry:( You must have worked your ass off for that GPA. I applied with an overall 3.5 but I think TJU wants a 3.25 individually like cumulative, prereqs. and science GPA. So honestly, I have been talking myself into preparing for the rejection letter. Wish me luck! 

8 minutes ago, Ritzcrackers said:

Wow I am sorry:( You must have worked your ass off for that GPA. I applied with an overall 3.5 but I think TJU wants a 3.25 individually like cumulative, prereqs. and science GPA. So honestly, I have been talking myself into preparing for the rejection letter. Wish me luck! 

You got this! Yeah, I was just caught off-guard but I exceeded their minimum 3.25 in all areas. I've long moved on haha. 

Good luck! Remain positive 🙂