Does anyone know if thomas jefferson university do a Holistic Review or do they automatically reject those that do not have a 3.2 science GPA? I have already emailed the program admissions about this but I have not received a reply and I do not want pay the application fee if they will automatically reject me? Please I need answers asap.

If TJU has a minimum GPA of 3.2 (it's actually 3.25) you will be automatically rejected because that's is where they initially screen out applications. 

I actually applied in 2017 with a 3.54 and was rejected because my shadowing experience was below the 100 hours average for that applicant pool which I thought was weird AF. They dumped my application because my 30 hours wasn't competitive lol. 

2 hours ago, Diggy said:

If TJU has a minimum GPA of 3.2 (it's actually 3.25) you will be automatically rejected because that's is where they initially screen out applications. 

I actually applied in 2017 with a 3.54 and was rejected because my shadowing experience was below the 100 hours average for that applicant pool which I thought was weird AF. They dumped my application because my 30 hours wasn't competitive lol. 

Wow, that is dumb AF

• Upvote 1
5 hours ago, LT_Oneal_PAC said:

Wow, that is dumb AF

I thought the same thing...When I read the rejection email with that highlighted I was like wow wtf...out of my entire application THAT was a reason to axe me?...ok w/e.

After the PA department rejected me, the nursing program reached out to me personally and encouraged me to apply...no regrets.

Edited by Diggy
On 8/30/2020 at 2:10 PM, Diggy said:

Wow I am sorry:( You must have worked your ass off for that GPA. I applied with an overall 3.5 but I think TJU wants a 3.25 individually like cumulative, prereqs. and science GPA. So honestly, I have been talking myself into preparing for the rejection letter. Wish me luck! 

8 minutes ago, Ritzcrackers said:

Wow I am sorry:( You must have worked your ass off for that GPA. I applied with an overall 3.5 but I think TJU wants a 3.25 individually like cumulative, prereqs. and science GPA. So honestly, I have been talking myself into preparing for the rejection letter. Wish me luck! 

You got this! Yeah, I was just caught off-guard but I exceeded their minimum 3.25 in all areas. I've long moved on haha. 

Good luck! Remain positive 🙂

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By Kyrah1988
      Hi all,
      I am a third time CASPA user and I am looking for some slither of hope. I didn’t do well at all my first three years of Undergraduate. My cGPA is 2.4 and sGPA is 2.75. Not any better. I am a non traditional student and have not attended school since 2014. I also have over 11000 HCE. I wanted to know are there any PA programs out there that have grade replacement or grade forgiveness. I wanted a more updated list. Any help will be greatly appreciated!! Stay healthy my people. 
    • By futurepa1998
      Do I have a chance?
      I’m struggling to decide if I should apply for this cycle or not due to my gpa and PCE. I graduated last august with a bachelors in biology. I’m 23 btw. 
      Cumulative Gpa before post bacc credits-2.98
      Sci GPA-2.65
      Cumulative gpa after post bacc-3.17 (32 credits)
      Sci gpa after-3.10
      Post bacc cgpa- 3.98 sgpa- 4.00
      PCE hours as a CNA~1500
      Medical assistant~ 400
      HCE as a Pathology Tech~ 1360
      LOR- one from MD that I worked with, one from a PA I shadowed, and one from a former boss
      Shadowing~150 hours 
      Leadership Hours~80 hours 
      Volunteer~150 hours
      Taking the GRE this month 
      My GPA was low in my undergrad bc of going through personal circumstances and recently learning that I have ADHD. After finding out my diagnosis I completely changed how I studied and I had an upward trend my senior year and during this post bacc.
    • By futurepa1998
      Here are my stats 
      Gpas when I graduated with a degree in Biology 
      Cgpa-2.93 sgpa 2.73
      Took 45 credit hours post-bacc on my own
      Those gpas were cgpa-3.93 and sgpa 4.0
      It changed my original gpas to a cgpa of 3.13 and sgpa of 3.12
      PCE hours as a CNA ~1900 by the time I apply 
      HCE hours as a Pathology Tech 1200
      Volunteer ~200 which includes a medical mission trip to Panama for a week, starting a HOSA club at my community college, did many leadership activities, and habitat for humanity projects 
      Shadowing~100 half in person other was virtual
      LOR’s- 2 PA’s, 1 MD, 1 from current boss
      Only thing I need to take is GRE

I know my gpas are low and it was from my sophomore and junior year struggling with personal situations and also recently learning I have ADHD which caused me to change completely how I study. I am 22 btw if that helps with anything. 
    • By Perdikos
      Hello!  I’m currently a senior biology major working as a medical scribe for a bit over 1 year now. I have accumulated about 1100 hours so far and have a cGPA of 3.63 and a science GPA of 3.36. I also have volunteered at a food bank with about 100 hours during the weekends. As a scribe I chart many aspects of the patient visit including vitals, HPI, physical exam and future plans. I also occasionally assist the provider with small tasks such as cerumen flushing in internal medicine or taking an US in a rheumatology setting. I have been researching PA programs to apply to and focusing on those that list scribing as PCE.  I am worried that this experience alone may not be enough as some schools don’t mention scribing as true PCE and I don’t feel I am able to gain another experience as I am currently studying for the GRE, working 3 times a week and will begin my next school semester soon. During my gap year after I apply I will have more time to find another part time job but this won’t be reflected on my application.  Will I still have a chance at being accepted into a program next cycle and if not what else do you recommend I do prior to applying? Thanks for any help you can provide. 
    • By mvalland
      Hello! Would love some advice from other prospective PA students. It is November, and I am still waiting to hear from six schools. I have been rejected from four. No interviews yet.
      Overall GPA: 3.0
      Science: 2.9
      HCE/PCE: >1000 Medical Scribe hours in ER and outpatient urology
      Volunteer: 900 hours with mission trip to Romania orphanage, soup kitchen, youth camp, community cleanup, etc. Also have 150 shadowing NP, Dr, and PA in different specialties
      And thousands of hours with extracurriculars: dance, college clubs (medical and science), tutoring, and was a TA for anatomy, biology, and chemistry

OK here is what I am wondering. I know my application is not competitive... should I retake upper level science courses at a community college or apply for a post bacc program? As you can see, it will take a significant number of courses to raise my 2.9 science GPA. I will do whatever it takes to become a PA. I am thinking I should just bite the bullet and apply for post bacc program such as Hofstra or Marymount Manhattan. Any insight at all would be extremely helpful.

Important Information

Welcome to the Physician Assistant Forum! This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. Learn More