Does anyone know if thomas jefferson university do a Holistic Review or do they automatically reject those that do not have a 3.2 science GPA? I have already emailed the program admissions about this but I have not received a reply and I do not want pay the application fee if they will automatically reject me? Please I need answers asap.

If TJU has a minimum GPA of 3.2 (it's actually 3.25) you will be automatically rejected because that's is where they initially screen out applications. 

I actually applied in 2017 with a 3.54 and was rejected because my shadowing experience was below the 100 hours average for that applicant pool which I thought was weird AF. They dumped my application because my 30 hours wasn't competitive lol. 

2 hours ago, Diggy said:

If TJU has a minimum GPA of 3.2 (it's actually 3.25) you will be automatically rejected because that's is where they initially screen out applications. 

I actually applied in 2017 with a 3.54 and was rejected because my shadowing experience was below the 100 hours average for that applicant pool which I thought was weird AF. They dumped my application because my 30 hours wasn't competitive lol. 

Wow, that is dumb AF

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, LT_Oneal_PAC said:

Wow, that is dumb AF

I thought the same thing...When I read the rejection email with that highlighted I was like wow wtf...out of my entire application THAT was a reason to axe me?...ok w/e.

After the PA department rejected me, the nursing program reached out to me personally and encouraged me to apply...no regrets.

Edited by Diggy

On 8/30/2020 at 2:10 PM, Diggy said:

Wow I am sorry:( You must have worked your ass off for that GPA. I applied with an overall 3.5 but I think TJU wants a 3.25 individually like cumulative, prereqs. and science GPA. So honestly, I have been talking myself into preparing for the rejection letter. Wish me luck! 

8 minutes ago, Ritzcrackers said:

Wow I am sorry:( You must have worked your ass off for that GPA. I applied with an overall 3.5 but I think TJU wants a 3.25 individually like cumulative, prereqs. and science GPA. So honestly, I have been talking myself into preparing for the rejection letter. Wish me luck! 

You got this! Yeah, I was just caught off-guard but I exceeded their minimum 3.25 in all areas. I've long moved on haha. 

Good luck! Remain positive 🙂

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By mccleen
      hello,
       i'm considering applying this cycle after completing my BSc in biology this past spring. i'm not sure if there is anyone here who has had an interview invite or being accepted with similar stats. your input is greatly appreciated.
      thanks
      cGPA:3.3
      sGPA: 2.97
      Volunteering 1500
      PCE 11280 hrs
      HCE: 4500
      shadow hours: 120
      LORs: 1 MD and 2 PAs
      no GRE score, no research hrs
    • By alysd
      Hello everyone - I searched for this topic in the forums but couldn't find a match. 
      Can anyone list some programs that are known to give significant consideration to recent GPA performance and progression (such as last 30 units, last 60 units, most recent years, etc) vs only overall GPA?
      For instance, I meet the minimum GPA requirements and have a very solid post-bacc and science GPA, but because of very poor performance early in undergrad my overall average is not competitive. I know that some programs are pretty unforgiving when it comes to overall GPA due to high competition, while others give extra weight to seeing a clear progression of improvement over time. I have heard some mention in webinars that they give consideration to recent performance and like to see this, while others have been honest that due to the highly competitive applicant pool they don't look at that factor. 
      I'm sure that I'm not alone in this, so hopefully those with a similar upward progression can benefit from this discussion. 
      And/or if anyone knows of a prior thread regarding this topic, feel free to link it below. Thank you!
    • By smbold
      Hoping someone can provide some insight. In your experience, do most schools look at pre req GPA's or sGPAs? With my cGPA and pre req GPA, I meet the minimum for most schools however, my overall sGPA falls below so I am trying to re-navigate and research more into schools that I meet the requirements for. Thank you in advance.
    • By catters
      I know that you can literally major in ANYTHING, but do some programs have an inherent preference for science majors. Would majoring in for instance Communications, be seen as taking the "easy way out". Obviously, getting an A in a upper division communications class is easier than getting an A in a upper division biology class (not a pre-req). This would lead to a high cGPA but will pa programs hold this against you in some way???
    • By kprepag
      Hello!
      I am a Pre-PA applying for the second time this cycle. 
      I took 3 science classes this spring to boost my gpa, which is what held me back last year. I'm worried it won't be enough, so I'm considering taking an online pathology course. I found that the University of Minnesota offers it. Has anyone taken this course from this institution? Did you take it else where? Is there another science online course you took in the summer?

Thank you in advance,
      Karina

Important Information

Welcome to the Physician Assistant Forum! This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. Learn More