how is GPA calculated by schools? with CASPA?

I was wondering which GPA schools use during the admissions process. Undergrad, my CASPA calculated cumulative is 2.21 (i know, i know...) im currently in a masters in biology for health professions program and after two semesters my GPA is 3.42.

using the CASPA GPA calculator spreadsheet, my cumulative with undergrad and grad is 2.4. which means i have to pick the correct schools in terms of GPA requirements etc. My question is will schools use only the CASPA cGPA to see if you meet the GPA requirement listed for their program? Do they look at sGPA moreso than cGPA? Do they take into account the 3.42 in graduate science courses regardless, or do I have to apply only to schools with the low GPA requirements OR the ones looking at most recent 40/60 credit hours?

Hello,

I think it is best to contact the school directly to ask if they will consider GPA calculation outside of the CASPA formula; you don't want to miss the opportunity to apply to a school based on the information found online vs directly contacting the school.....good luck

If a school uses CASPA they will take the cGPA from and the sGPA from CASPA. It will be broken down into other categories as well (ex. biology, organic chemistry, BCP). Due to the fact that your overall GPA is so low I would advise you to find programs that will take your Graduate program GPA over your undergrad. This would benefit you greatly as they would use that as your cGPA over using the 2.4. You will have to research all of the programs to find the ones that will allow this. Due to the large number of applicants 99% of schools will not recalculate your GPA, they take the CASPA calculated one. Most schools have a cut off of 3.0 overall GPA.