2015-2016 Cycle

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow! Congrats, guys! I am excited for everyone and happy that things are finally rolling. I do feel a bit bummed out though, like it's finally time to get either good news or bad news. There's no escaping it now!

Yes congrats everyone, best of luck in your interviews! :D.

Tbourdon- Keep positive, I'm in your same shoes and I know it's hard. We got this! ;)

Are they rolling admissions?  I think I submitted my application a day before the deadline.

They don't do rolling, they look at all applications at once.

Good luck to everyone wearing to hear back! Leah told me they conduct interviews until January so keep your head up!

Are any of the applicants who received an interview invite willing to post their stats/background? I think this would be good to see what they're looking for in an applicant

Haven't received an interview (yet!) but here are my stats:

Human Development major

Cum GPA: 3.4

sGPA: 3.35

Last 45 GPA: 4.0

Experience: PCE: 2000+ hours ED technician

500 hours Transporter/Orderly

200+ hours shadowing 3 different ER & Primary Care PAs

Extensive volunteer experience

Please share!

Are any of the applicants who received an interview invite willing to post their stats/background? I think this would be good to see what they're looking for in an applicant

Great idea! Something to keep our minds busy during the terrible wait! 

I haven't heard anything yet either, but here are my stats anyway.

Bio Major

Cum Gpa: 3.79

sGPA: 3.56

Not quite sure how to calc the last 45..?

Experience: CNA in a skilled nursing facility- 1200hrs

Hospital volunteer: 75hrs

Community volunteer ~300rs

Shadow MD: 36hrs

To be honest, I think our stats probably are just like a preliminary weed out- I think our chances mostly ride on our essays and letters of rec. Just have to HOPE that the one person that reads our apps appreciate what we wrote and how we wrote it ;) That's the hardest part for me mentally... it is SO out of our hands. We could Have 6000hrs of experience and a 4.0, but if they don't think we are a good fit from our essays and how we present ourselves, then we are out. This forum is so good and so bad! Always consumes my thoughts.  Again... GOOD LUCK to us all. Hopefully we will hear something soon. 

Well i agree with Tbourdon, the wait is draining me. Either way sharing stats is a good way to keep our minds active.

Medical Imaging (Rad Tech) major

Cum GPA: 3.7

Scie GPA: 3.55

Last 45 not sure either.

Approx 7000 plus hours hands on patient. (Diagnosing, treating ect. Army Medic EMT, and Xray Tech ) 1 tour in Iraq, 1 in Korea, as well as state side. 5 years of active service, 2 as reserves. Fluent in Spanish (Cuban, born and raised). I have to agree with Tbourdon once again, I'm losing sleep thanks to this forum, but I just can't manage to stay away!!! Lol

I received an interview invite - here are my stats:

Psychology & Sociology major

Cum GPA: 3.84

sGPA: 3.76

Last 45 GPA: Maybe like a 3.95? Not sure

HCE: 2,000+ hours - M.A. in ortho & now derm

Not much shadowing experience at all, but I do work with three PAs in my current position (so I basically "shadow" PAs every day)

Decent amount of volunteer experience

Here are my stats

Major: Applied Science in Nuclear Medicine

Cum GPA: 3.27

sGPA: 3.39

Last 45 GPA 3.63

HCE: 4000+ hands on patient. (Hospital corpsman, Nuclear Medicine Tech) 12 years of service in the Navy doing the above.

Worked with 2 PAs while in the service, shadowed 2 PAs ( 140 hrs shadowing)

Volunteer 90 hours

I know my GPA is low and I am working on that but I hope they look at the applicant on a whole.

Good luck everyone :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here are my stats : major Nuclear Medicine , Cum GPA 3.4 sGPA 3.5, HCE 8000+ Hrs , Volunteer : 1000+ hours, Shadowed 2 PAs and one NP ( 200 hrs ), Worked with multiple Cardiologists, Radiologists and ER physician throughout the last 5 years. interviewed with Touro NEvada, Loma Linda and waiting for few other school including this one. fingers crossed !! 

Hi everyone!

I'm sort of new to this site, but I've received an interview for 11/3. Is anyone else interviewing on 11/3?

Anyhow here are my stats :)

Molecular, Cell, and Developmental Bio major

Cum GPA: 3.45

sGPA: 3.45

HCE: Urgent care back office MA +2,000 hours, front/back office assistant Chiropractic Office ~500 hrs, currently also teaching medical assisting courses at a vocational college

Volunteer: Clinical Care Extender ~60 hrs, Volunteer visitor for hospice ~70 hrs

Archived