UF Class of 2018

• Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Also, in-state vs out-of-stock doesn't matter beyond the mail possibly taking longer to deliver. So, don't think you're at a disadvantage just because you don't live in Florida. I didn't and lots of other didn't either.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Obviously dude... That's why I asked so I could gauge whether or not I haven't gotten a letter was due to distance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anyone have any experiences/success in finding out if they are "in range" of being accepted off the waitlist?

Waitlist letter also encouraged applicants to keep UFs records updated by sending outstanding transcripts/achievements/changes in clinical experiences.... says information will be included in file and referred to when selecting alternates to fill openings- any suggestions on what I can do in the meantime that could qualify as something to update them with? New shadowing experiences or random volunteering events valuable?

You probably would NOT be able to find out your exact spot on the waitlist but you MIGHT be able to find out if you are in a "relative position" that has historically had a chance of being accepted. Every year is different. My class did not go very deep on the wait list (ie, most of the original accepted students kept their seat). The year after mine they went almost half deep on the wait list.

I would NOT continually update them. But if you do something significant such as retake a course with a higher grade, get a new job that is providing significant improvement in the quality of your HCE, etc, then update them with that.

Good luck!

Karen was able to tell me that they have not had the occasion to offer seats as deep as I am on the list.

Glad to know this information and can start planning on making my application stellar for next year. Was lucky to have the opportunity to interview at UF. Good luck to everyone starting their programs next year!!

Has anyone else not heard anything?? No letter, email, or phone call. I tried calling yesterday, but I couldn't wait on hold for more than 30 minutes because I was in clinic all day. I tried emailing Karen last week, but she hasn't responded either. this was my only interview so I have all of my eggs in one basket. I'm not sure when I should start giving up all hope and put plan B into motion

Classes just ended for us first years yesterday, and there's a three day respite for the faculty before the break. They may be sending things out now, though we're not really overtly privy to the application process beyond what you'd expect. I do recall getting my wait-list letter around this time last year though.

For those that will be wait listed and want to attend UF: I was pulled off the wait list in late March-ish (early April?) and offered a seat. Keep in mind it does happen.

• 4 weeks later...

is it typical for this university to not update their applicants on where they are on the review process? I know interviews are over, but I never received anything beyond the application received email. I check my junk folder, there is nothing. I have had the chance to contact the admissions committee and even updated them with grades, etc. They,ve responded. But nothing since, that was in September. Can somebody shed some light? I do know they also send out first and second phase review updates, but I didn't get any. Is that normal? 

Hey future Florida PA Students!! The American Association of Surgical PAs is holding a Pre-PA Seminar to help you improve your application and interview (for those of you not yet accepted!! Jan 23 in Orlando, check out the thread at 

http://www.physicianassistantforum.com/index.php?/topic/34602-pre-pa-meeting-central-floridaorlando/?hl=orlando

hope to see you all there!!!!

is it typical for this university to not update their applicants on where they are on the review process? I know interviews are over, but I never received anything beyond the application received email. I check my junk folder, there is nothing. I have had the chance to contact the admissions committee and even updated them with grades, etc. They,ve responded. But nothing since, that was in September. Can somebody shed some light? I do know they also send out first and second phase review updates, but I didn't get any. Is that normal? 

They will be sending formal notifications via snail mail. The first year that I applied, I had my application completed and sent in June and didn't receive the rejection letter until January. The second level review stuff was something new that I think was introduced this year. Applicants from this year probably know more about how it works than I do. I can tell you that there were somewhere between 1,700-2,000 applications this year, and there is only a small contingent of staff to handle all of them. Specific updates would be difficult with just the sheer amount of applications.

Let me know if you have any other questions, as I went through the process twice.

I also have not heard anything from the program. I emailed them in early December and was told that they had indeed finished all of their interviews and that I would receive my official letter within the next few weeks. I have still not heard anything. My other friends were all notified in November about their rejection to the program via email. I am choosing to view my lack of acceptance as a positive thing, as I feel as though they are lacking organization during this notification process. For those of you who will argue that they have limited staff to let you know, every other program I have applied to has been much more efficient at notifying applicants, and I know that they have had similar number of applicants, so I don't think that is an excuse. I have to say I'm extremely disappointed with how this process and the lack of communication went.

Hello all, for some insight. I applied in June-July. Received an initial review (since that's what everyone is calling it) email stating they reviewed my application from CASPA and their supplemental. Since that email, I heard no "second email" or any phone calls or US postal mail. Then in January, I finally received an EMAIL stating I was rejected for this cycle.

I hope this helps anyone still waiting to hear from UF. I did not receive anything in the post, so be sure to check your emails.

Good luck to everyone!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived