I am the Object of My Pimp's Affection

because it is a separation of the joint the sh1 doesn't actually involve any cracks in the epiphysis or metaphysis it doesn't actually cause a disturbance in the growth plate where the cells are active.

Good job, jennie!!

A: The line of cleavage runs through the hypertrophic zone of the physis, with the growing cells remaining on the epiphysis, in continuity with the blood supply.

Perron AD, Miller MD, Brady WJ. Orthopedic pitfalls in the ED: pediatric growth plate injuries. Am J Emerg Med. January 2002;20:50-54. (LLSA 2004)

All I could come up with was a non-narcotic OD too - but the answers are:

• Chest wall rigidity
  • Side effects of normeperidine (metabolite of meperidine)

If someone is able to explain the chest wall rigitdity - please explain...I've spent 3 days trying to find an explanation!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest jennie783

heat exhaustion occurs when the body has been exposed to prolonged periods of heat and its cooling mechanism begins to break down due to excessive loss of fluids and salts. Meanwhile, heat stroke occurs when the body is unable to regulate its core tempture and as a result the core temp rises quickly. unlike heat exhaustion, heat stroke often occurs in people who already have difficulty regulating body temperature to to age or illness. thus, in heat exhaustion the body is still fighting to keep te core temp from rising while in heat stroke the body is no longer trying (a life threatening emegency). heat stroke also differs because it can be accompanied by muscle breakdown due to exhertion- which can cause renal failure.

heat exhaustion sx

Heavy sweating

Intense thirst

Dizziness

Loss of coordination

Nausea and/or vomiting

Cool, moist skin

Weak and rapid pulse

heat stroke sx

Body temperature of 105° or higher

Red, dry, very hot skin

Dilated pupils

Strong and rapid pulse

Mental status changes

Unconsciousness and possibly convulsions

Great answer jennie!

The answer posted at open-er.com:

Heat exhaustion and heat stroke are both heat related illnesses along a continuum of symptoms with heat stroke at the more terminal end involving profound central nervous system derangement. Glazer JL. Management of Heatstroke and Heat Exhaustion. Am Fam Physician. 2005 Jun 1;71(11):2133-4

Great answer jennie!

The answer posted at open-er.com:

Heat exhaustion and heat stroke are both heat related illnesses along a continuum of symptoms with heat stroke at the more terminal end involving profound central nervous system derangement. Glazer JL. Management of Heatstroke and Heat Exhaustion. Am Fam Physician. 2005 Jun 1;71(11):2133-4

the more basic answer to this is aloc as opposed to the common belief that the difference is sweating vs no longer sweating. if someone is unconscious, hot, and sweating they have heat stroke not heat exhaustion...just saw a great lecture on this topic at aapa in s.f. in may given by eric weiss, md (the guru of wilderness and expedition medicine).

• 1 month later...
Is this something related to ischemic pain d/t lack of O2 because of lack of hemogloblin because of anemia d/t heavy menses??

Step back and list your differential for chest pain. Immediately, about 10 things should jump out at you.

When dealing with any patient complaint, rely on your anatomy, and think about what lives in that area...

Step back and list your differential for chest pain. Immediately, about 10 things should jump out at you.

When dealing with any patient complaint, rely on your anatomy, and think about what lives in that area...

1. ami

2. ischemia

3. tension pneumo

4. TAA

5. lung mass

okay my mind is toast, thats is all I can think of off the top of my head...:D