Current 2014 Applicants (class of 2017)

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I accepted my seat as well. Don't lose hope.. I don't think they made all 45 calls yesterday. from what I understand each faculty member has a stack of accepted applicants and they call on their own time. good luck and congrats to those accepted!!!!!

That makes a lot more sense. Some of them are also teaching classes so it makes sense if they would call after 5 or so. If those of you who have been accepted don't mind answering, who was it that called you?

Congratulations to everyone accepted and thanks for the updates! I'll be glued to my phone for the next 48 hours :) Good luck to everyone waiting!

I second this! I will also be glued to my coffee mug that says, "Stay stressed, then give up." That whole "keep calm and carry on" thing is highly overrated haha

Thanks HopefulTCN and ZacD. I called Kristi in the morning and she confirmed that each faculty member has few names to call and they do that on their own pace, and it might take couple of days till they are done making all the calls.I hope that will make you feel better.

Thank you Seaweed as well. I just want to say this is my first acceptance after tons of rejections or waitlisted. I know it is tough for everyone who is still waiting but I assure you your dream will come true at one point or another, if not this year may be next. All your efforts guys will be rewarded at the end.

Hello all! I just received my call and im accepted! Thank god! Don't worry, I made sure to ask questions for you guys. Calls are not close to overy yet. Each person has a stack of students, they are all busy and do it at their convenience. The person I interviewed with called me. Not sure if that was just coincidence or not. It's not over, stay positive!

Hello all! I just received my call and im accepted! Thank god! Don't worry, I made sure to ask questions for you guys. Calls are not close to overy yet. Each person has a stack of students, they are all busy and do it at their convenience. The person I interviewed with called me. Not sure if that was just coincidence or not. It's not over, stay positive!

Congratulations! Did they mention by when they have to finish their first round of calls? This is so nerve wrecking. 

Congratulations!! Did anybody here interview in December?

I interviewed on March 13th, which was actually one of the last interview dates if I'm not mistaken.

Congratulations! Did they mention by when they have to finish their first round of calls? This is so nerve wrecking. 

She did not tell me when they have to be finished calling their applicants. I would assume they would like to have the first round called by tomorrow night. However, in the past they send out an email to everyone who was not the initial 45 saying they finished the first round and ask if you would like to stay on the alternate list. So, until this email is sent out then they are still making the initial calls, and there is still plenty of hope! 2 hours ago I was just as freaked out as you guys are, and my dream came true. Yours will too, just stay positive!

Got accepted today. Congrats to all who also got the good news. If you were rejected keep your head up and if this is really what you want to do then don't give up and apply again this year. I know it's a lengthy process but I've been rejected before too from numerous programs. It's just part of the process. Try to understand what your weakness was and improve it this year as you apply.

For those who are waiting for a call good luck to you. They've only called a few people yet so far so hang in there. Also if it makes you feel better from what I've heard close to half the class will not accept the seat since its late in the process and they've already accepted a position elsewhere. 

Someone make a fb group. Looking forwards to meeting you guys. 

Archived