Current 2014 Applicants (class of 2017)

Ok, I'm sorry but I find it incredibly hard to believe that in the past two days not a single person on this forum has been accepted to UT/ joined the FB group. What gives? I know there are still spots open and I am hopeful, but super confused. In a world where almost everyone uses these types of sites for things like this, I am having trouble thinking that someone would get in and not update the forum or join the group to start meeting their fellow classmates. Thoughts?

They night not be on this site. They might not have heard anything either.

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't mean to impede on the joy of those accepted to this program but has anyone else been getting multiple rejection emails and follow ups on the rejection emails? Thankfully I have been accepted to another program so I just delete the emails but I feel terrible for those (if there are others who are getting multiple emails) who are trying to focus on reapplying and have to continue to read that they were not selected for the program! I have seriously considered emailing back with my concerns, hopefully it is just me!

If they are still making calls, it is surprising that not one person on this forum has received a call. After Monday I've been more focused on my email than my phone, expecting that email.  If the people they are calling are turning them down, how far down the list can all of us be? I am confused as well.

If they are still making calls, it is surprising that not one person on this forum has received a call. After Monday I've been more focused on my email than my phone, expecting that email. If the people they are calling are turning them down, how far down the list can all of us be? I am confused as well.

I feel like I dont care how far down I am on the list. I just want to get in. Keep your heads up people. Don't get discouraged yet.

Ok, I'm sorry but I find it incredibly hard to believe that in the past two days not a single person on this forum has been accepted to UT/ joined the FB group. What gives? I know there are still spots open and I am hopeful, but super confused. In a world where almost everyone uses these types of sites for things like this, I am having trouble thinking that someone would get in and not update the forum or join the group to start meeting their fellow classmates. Thoughts?

I just found this site yesterday. I almost wish I hadn't. The little information we're able to share seems to be more stressful than not knowing anything. I liked my "maybe they haven't started calling yet" bubble. There were around 1100 applicants, so I'd guess a lot of them aren't involved in this forum.

I just found this site yesterday. I almost wish I hadn't. The little information we're able to share seems to be more stressful than not knowing anything. I liked my "maybe they haven't started calling yet" bubble. There were around 1100 applicants, so I'd guess a lot of them aren't involved in this forum.

Although there were that many applicants, only about 250 interviewed. This might make you feel a little bit less overwhelmed. Everyone, keep your head up. I have a good feeling that they are making their way through the list. Fingers crossed.

I absolutely get what you're saying and I've had some of those feelings at times too, but personally I find it comforting to be able to talk to people here that are in the same boat. We're experiencing the same roller coaster of emotions and are able to encourage each other in a way that someone outside the situation may not understand. Hang in there!

I wish people who got in would update here so we know how many seats are filled

Those of us who have been fortunate enough to get accepted so far have no more information than you about the number of seats left. The Facebook group we have created for the 2017 class only has 20 members that have joined total. However, there's no way to know how many of those accepted are on this site at all and found the Facebook group to begin with, so it's probably not a true reflection of the seats left. When I got the call last week I asked them how many they have left, and they weren't sure since each person has 8 or 9 students to call whenever they have time. I'm guessing one person was extremely busy and hasn't had the opportunity to finish their calls. If they haven't sent out the email saying the first 45 have been called, then they are still calling. Don't lose hope! None of us have received our packets to officially accept and deposit the money. So people can still decline, or walk away from their acceptance. There's a long way to go, stay positive guys!

If you have been accepted, or if you want to keep track of the number of people that are accepted (ones that have joined our group) this is a link to the Facebook group.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1571023159836804/

Hello everyone,

I ve been following this post for a week now. Like most of you my patience has been tested for the last couple of days. What really impressed me when I had my group interview in February, was the highly competitive group of students that I met that day. I said to myself "almost anyone of these people would be an excellent candidate", however there are only 45 seats. I hope to get the call, but if not there s always a next time and lets not get discouraged, it will happen one way or another. Good luck !!!   

Hello everyone,

I ve been following this post for a week now. Like most of you my patience has been tested for the last couple of days. What really impressed me when I had my group interview in February, was the highly competitive group of students that I met that day. I said to myself "almost anyone of these people would be an excellent candidate", however there are only 45 seats. I hope to get the call, but if not there s always a next time and lets not get discouraged, it will happen one way or another. Good luck !!!

That's the attitude to have. Everyone that's waiting keep your faith because there are still openings. What Day did you interview?

That's the attitude to have. Everyone that's waiting keep your faith because there are still openings. What Day did you interview?

My interview was on Feb 25th at 1:00 pm. I thought it went well, and I really enjoyed the tour. I know the technology, building, faculty, and students made an impact in all of us. It would be great to study there.   

Archived