Current 2014 Applicants (class of 2017)

For those of you who received interview invitations, when did you submit your CASPA and supplemental application?

I submitted CASPA sept. 1st. However, it doesn't matter when you submitted it because they don't have rolling admissions. I'm assuming that they have categories to when they send out the invitations.

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I submitted CASPA sept. 1st. However, it doesn't matter when you submitted it because they don't have rolling admissions. I'm assuming that they have categories to when they send out the invitations.

Thanks! I was a little nervous that submitting my CASPA close to the deadline would put me at a disadvantage even without rolling admissions. 

This was definitely the most impressive PA program i've come across. It's affiliated with the medical school and the campus is away from the busy main campus. The simulation center blew me away and all the faculty we came across were really nice. You're pretty much surrounded by med students, pharmacy students, nursing students, and some PT students. Students were enthusiastic about the program and one even went out of his way to offer to drive me to my car since I was parked in a completely different lot (couldn't find parking).

The only thing that bothered me is that there was only 1 individual interview with a faculty member and 1 group interview. Your odds are pretty slim if you don't impress that person in your individual interview and you don't really get a second opportunity to improve your odds. Professor Gardner said that they received over 1200 applicants this cycle so the competition is definitely there.

Acceptance notifications are not sent out until April. I'm still very happy with my other top choice school, but UT definitely impressed me the most.

The info about odds being slim if you don't impress the person in the individual interview is not true at all and the group interview is kind of your second chance. Besides, they don't make a decision based on your interview performance only. Everything from your application, GPA, personal essay, shadowing and clinical experience and finally your interview performance is graded and an overall score is given to the students. Acceptance is granted based on the score. I don't want people who thought they didn't do great in the interview to think they don't have a chance based on wrong information and personal opinion. 

I received an invite to interview today with 9 options for days to interview. I submitted my application at the end of August and submitted my supplemental in September. I didn't think I would receive an interview due to 2 classes being out of the 8 year range which I discussed with Kristi. None the less, I'm still going to interview and check out the program.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I received an invite to interview today with 9 options for days to interview. I submitted my application at the end of August and submitted my supplemental in September. I didn't think I would receive an interview due to 2 classes being out of the 8 year range which I discussed with Kristi. None the less, I'm still going to interview and check out the program. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Were all the options during February or were there any in March?

Does anyone have any theories as to why UT are extending their interview invites in this manner? If they don't have rolling admissions and are giving each invite group the same date options, why wouldn't they send all their invites around the same time?

I think as they are going down the line they select people after other people have declined their spot to interview. That's my theory and hypothesis.

I was also invited for an interview last week but declined. The email offered 8 interview dates, with March 13 being the last option. Stay positive, I hope anyone waiting gets an email soon! Plus, look at all the people who have declined the interview, so they're definitely making their way through their list :) Good luck! 

I had my interview this past Wednesday and there were ~18 other people there with me. In the group interview, there were 8 or 9. It was the most laid back interview I have been to and the facilities are excellent. They told us that they would be extending interview dates due to the bad weather recently. They had to cancel a lot because of it and are behind on interviewing the ~250 that they would like to meet. 

Got an email on Friday 2/27 inviting me to interview! I replied with my preferred dates (3/6 and 3/9) - hoping to hear back soon what day I should come so that I can book flights. I am also a big ball of nerves!! Happy nerves :)

Any interview advice from anyone?

Sending you all good luck!

As you've probably read, there is a one-on-one interview and a group interview. The atmosphere is pretty relaxed, everyone was really friendly and open. Everyone that I met there was willing to help and seemed truly excited to be there. So just be yourself. When I interviewed, we had 12 people total. It helped me that I came earlier, that way I got to know other students and that just put me at ease. What surprised me is that we became more like friends than a group of students competing against each other. That was a big factor for me, helped me feel more confident and supported. Just be yourself. Don't rehearse too much so your answers wont sound like a script, just do it enough to be confident. Good luck to everyone. 

Also, if you're booking your flight to Toledo, give yourself plenty of time. I had two flights delayed on the way there. On the way back, my flight was cancelled all together, so we ended up driving to Detroit to catch a flight home. 

As you've probably read, there is a one-on-one interview and a group interview. The atmosphere is pretty relaxed, everyone was really friendly and open. Everyone that I met there was willing to help and seemed truly excited to be there. So just be yourself. When I interviewed, we had 12 people total. It helped me that I came earlier, that way I got to know other students and that just put me at ease. What surprised me is that we became more like friends than a group of students competing against each other. That was a big factor for me, helped me feel more confident and supported. Just be yourself. Don't rehearse too much so your answers wont sound like a script, just do it enough to be confident. Good luck to everyone.

Also, if you're booking your flight to Toledo, give yourself plenty of time. I had two flights delayed on the way there. On the way back, my flight was cancelled all together, so we ended up driving to Detroit to catch a flight home.

when did you interview? When I interviewed there were also 12 of us and it felt more like friends than competitors like you stated.

when did you interview? When I interviewed there were also 12 of us and it felt more like friends than competitors like you stated.

Okay I am officially booked for March 4th to interview. Anyone else coming this day? I only got a confirmation email but literally no other information.. has anyone else been given more detailed information/directions for interview day?

They will send out an email before you go with further information on where to meet, etc. 

Archived