2014-2015 App Cycle

Empowred, I would say be nice which hopefully is natural to you, be yourself and just relax.  You shouldn't have to bring any documents with you, there shouldn't be a need.  They have all of your information and they chose you based on your qualifications.  You are qualified to go to their school just like everyone else being interviewed.  They basically want to see if you will be a good fit to their program and they want to get to know you.  So just practice deep breathing, think about how you would want to answer some questions and just do your best.  It is going to be tough for them to narrow down their choices so don't be discouraged if you get chosen or not.  You have the qualifications to be a PA, and you will be a PA somewhere, it just depends on which program takes you.

and I found out today they had me scheduled for the Jan 24th interview for some reason when I had confirmed Feb 7th, even though I didn't even receive an email for the Jan 24th interview.  Got my email and everything straightened out for the Feb 7th interview though.

Just curious how many of you applied to the HPSA track?

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It was pretty fun actually. Even though it's a whole day interview process, it went by very quickly. The current PA studnets are there to help. You can pretty much ask them any questions about the program and the student life at SMU and they will tell you everything they know. They are really nice! We were divided into different groups and each group had its own schedule. You will have your one-on-one interview with the faculties and group interview with the program director and current students. You really just have to be yourself because they want to know if you are a great fit for them and if the program is a great fit for you! Good luck with your interview!

It was pretty fun actually. Even though it's a whole day interview process, it went by very quickly. The current PA studnets are there to help. You can pretty much ask them any questions about the program and the student life at SMU and they will tell you everything they know. They are really nice! We were divided into different groups and each group had its own schedule. You will have your one-on-one interview with the faculties and group interview with the program director and current students. You really just have to be yourself because they want to know if you are a great fit for them and if the program is a great fit for you! Good luck with your interview!

Dear MikoBB-

Can you explain the group interview? Do they give you a topic/ethical issue and you discuss it or is it more formal where they ask a question and everyone in the group answers?

I appreciate your willingness to share your experience!

Britt

Hello everyone!

My name is Taryn and I am going to be interviewing on February 7th. I am stoked to meet those of you who will be interviewing that same day! I have been following this blog a lot but did not decide to post until now.

Has anyone heard anything about the pizza get together the night before the interview? I would love to go but have not heard any details.

Hello Taryn,

I haven't received the email either. I do not know if there is a pizza party before the Feb 7th Interview. I received 2 mails ( 2 weeks ) before and another last week about the interview conformation. Nothing was mentioned in both emails about pizza party the evening before. Hope that helps. Good Luck and hope to see you on Feb 7 th.

Hello everyone,

I am a current student at SMU and I check this blog every once in awhile. I just wanted to clarify that there will be a pizza party the night before the 2/7 interview. 

This is the email from last year....

Let us congratulate you on your invitation to interview at SMU - and welcome you to our campus in fog-free Oakland!

We want to invite you to come share a few slices of pizza and meet some current students.  This is a casual affair and totally optional - a chance to shake off some of the nerves, see where you should arrive on Saturday morning, and ask any questions you might have for us or your peers.  Many of our current students and alumni really enjoyed this gathering when they interviewed, and so the tradition continues. 

We will be in the Peralta Pavillion lobby (upstairs, 2nd floor) at 450 30th St with food and good company from 6-7 pm - if you see a circular turnaround for vehicles out front, you're in the right place.  Parking on the street is free after 6.  There is also a free shuttle from the MacArthur BART station that runs every 10-15 min to campus - get off at the corner of 30th and Summit and continue walking west on 30th St for 1/2 a block.

Archived