Tablet for school

Get a laptop that doesn't weigh much. Think ultrabook, macbook air, etc.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

Yes, I agree. I think you're going to want a laptop. I use a 13" MacBook Pro, and it's been incredible to me. A MacBook Air would be great, I'm sure. Expensive, I'm aware, so you'll have to decide what's right for you. You certainly want something dependable, though (and always back everything up to Dropbox or a similar service, of course).

If you happened to go the Mac direction, don't forget that they usually have a "back to school" type sale for folks with a ".edu" email address. I also strategically ordered mine during a yearly tax free weekend in NC.

Our entire program uses IPADs (they are given to us on the first day of class). Most of us then bought a keyboard to go with it, and downloaded an app like notability, penultimate, or good reader and use them to take notes. It's definitely less bulky than a computer, and gives you the opportunity to write notes without having to print out the lecture materials (using a stylus).

I like a laptop with a keyboard as I don't like onscreen keyboards. I also use a phone with buttons instead of on screen keys. I don't want to have to use a stylus just to type.

if you just need something small for notes and internet you could get a notebook computer like an acer aspire that weights only a few pounds and costs less than 350 bucks and use the full sized computer at home. 3.3 lbs

http://www.amazon.com/Acer-Aspire-V5-131-2629-Laptop-Black/dp/B00CU2K6MS/ref=sr_1_fkmr0_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1379117389&sr=1-1-fkmr0&keywords=basic+acer+aspire+notebook+size

Like others have said, get a lighter laptop instead. I don't know about windows laptops but even if you don't go with an ultra-thin laptop, regular macbook is pretty light and I almost never carry a charger with me. The only days I would bring it is if I know I would be in school for more than 5 hours. Tablet is useless for didactic year. For example, android tablets and ipads do not have a good power point program that you can use to take good notes on. And you will need to take good notes. FAST. Maybe you will find it more useful for rotations, when you really can't carry a laptop with you but still want to look stuff up.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived