• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 ajames

ajames

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 10:33 PM

Wanted to start up a thread for all of us applying this cycle! Let's stay in touch and keep each other updated. 

• kelzie likes this

#2 kelzie

kelzie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 20 May 2017 - 12:25 AM

I am applying this cycle as well! Submitted 5/17 and just received the email that they have received all of my application materials! 

• dhelgs and ajames like this

#3 dhelgs

dhelgs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 20 May 2017 - 12:39 AM

Awesome! I actually just got an email today saying they received my application and to create my account. Good luck everyone!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • kelzie and ajames like this

#4 ajames

ajames

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 20 May 2017 - 03:36 PM

I also got an email to set up my account and then today they said my application is completed and will be reviewing applications on a rolling basis. I've been really impressed with their communication and quickness!

#5 socalemt

socalemt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 22 May 2017 - 04:09 PM

Does anyone know how much Midwestern weighs the GRE? I got a pretty bad score (292). My GPA is very good though at 3.6 and sGPA at 3.6 as well. My healthcare hours are 11,000+ paid hands on experience too. I am debating sending my GRE scores.

• ajames likes this

#6 nicoledutson

nicoledutson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 22 May 2017 - 07:57 PM

Midwestern requires the GRE so you have to send your scores and they weigh it heavily. Most schools require at least a 300, but Midwestern wants closer to the 70th percentile. There are some exceptions, but as a general rule if you want to go to Midwestern, you should retake the GRE

#7 ajames

ajames

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 23 May 2017 - 12:39 AM

@Socalment, you have a lot of HCE and a great GPA. You got really close to meeting the scores needed by Midwestern. I encourage you to retake it and send them your scores later. You can submit your application with your scores pending but the Midwestern website says it's expected that applicants have a 50th percentile in each category, so it is better to have late/pending scores than scores that don't meet criteria. You came so close, I bet you can do even better next time and it would strengthen your application for other schools as well. [:

#8 dhelgs

dhelgs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 23 May 2017 - 04:47 PM

Those of you wondering about GRE this is what they told last year ....hope this helps!

Hi Dana,

Your application is reviewed as a whole so a little lower GRE scores can be offset if you have a strong Overall and Science GPA as well as strong Patient Care hours/Healthcare Experience. That being said though, your GRE scores have to still be acceptable. If you are below the 40th percentile in multiple areas then you definitely will want to retake the exam.

Thanks,

Michael Matousek M.S.
Admissions Counselor
Midwestern University
19555 N 59th Ave
Glendale, AZ 85308
  • kelzie, ajames and Telo like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users