Clinical Rotation Sites

Program 1 does all or most of their clinical rotations in 1 semi-rural facility. Program 2 does rotations at various spots throughout the state. Can you help me come up with a Pros and Cons of each? Would program 1 students be less qualified when looking for jobs because they didn't move around during clinicals?

I've never regretted a rural rotation and have regretted almost all at big trauma centers. I'm treated better, allowed to do more, and feel a more vital part of the team at my rural rotations. I would consider myself a rural location, though I'm much bigger than most FM practices, and there is little limit on what students can do.

I've never regretted a rural rotation and have regretted almost all at big trauma centers. I'm treated better, allowed to do more, and feel a more vital part of the team at my rural rotations. I would consider myself a rural location, though I'm much bigger than most FM practices, and there is little limit on what students can do.

if you have your own zip code maybe a diet is in order.....:)

• 3 weeks later...

If you have received acceptance letters from both programs, it might be worth contacting each program, and asking to speak with people from each who have done most or all of their clinical rotations.  Ask them about their experiences.  Also, ask program one about where their graduates are being hired.  

Archived