Which PA schools have programs lasting more than 2 years?

I think it would be better for me to attend a pa program that is more than 2 years long because that will help me retain info much better. I know here in CA USC has a program that lasts 33 months. I think the other programs in CA are about 2 years. Do you guys know any program either in CA or outside that is more than 2 years?

The longer you are in school, the longer you are paying tuition/fees/housing/food/transportation expenses with student loans at high interest rates. Personally I think you should be focusing more on the type of environment for learning, attrition rates, PANCE pass rates, types of clinical rotations, and cost. I was in one interview and realized it was a bad learning environment for me. I didn't like the teaching style of the lecture I sat in on, the desks in the classroom, and the type of people in the program as much as another program I had been to, and that was a big red flag for me. I knew I wouldn't be learning as much in that environment. If length is really a factor for you, get a supporter level membership at physicianassistanted.com and use the perfect fit search to find ones of a longer length.

Touro -CA is the only other one in CA. The first year is a mix of MPH and PA, year 2 is mostly PA, year 3 is all clinical rotations from what I remember. They also have a very high first time PANCE pass rate. I think 6 years in a row they had a 100% first time pass rate. I also remember their attrition rate being very low.

Keck School of Medicine at the University of Southern California= 33 mo, Touro University Mare Island= 32 mo, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center= 36 mo, George Washington University PA/MPH= 37 mo, UMDNJ/Rutgers University= 36

Check this link out. i don't know how accurate it is though. So take it with a grain of salt.

http://www.thepalife.com/physician-assistant-program-tuition-and-costs-estimated/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+thepalife+%28The+Physician+Assistant+Life%29

Archived