Johnson & Wales University in Providence, RI is accepting applications for its new Master-level Physician Assistant Program. Classes begin September 2014 pending provisional accreditation.

The 2013-14 online application is now available through the Central Application Service for Physician’s Assistant (CASPA). Please visit our website at http://www.jwu.edu/PA for more information or you may also contact me directly at lauren.brignachuber@jwu.edu.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There are two interviews and the interviews are 2 on 1 (2 interviewers, 1 applicant).  It sounds a little bit intimidating but everyone was very nice and welcoming.  I actually found it easier because

I just applied :) I was reading about the brand new building that was built for the sole purpose of educating PAs. It interested me. I hope to catch you at a virtual fair. Have you began interviewi

Are there others who still haven't heard anything from the program? I received an email on October 3rd thanking me for applying. Other than that, I haven't heard anything.

Johnson & Wales University in Providence, RI is accepting applications for its new Master-level Physician Assistant Program. Classes begin September 2014 pending provisional accreditation.

The 2013-14 online application is now available through the Central Application Service for Physician’s Assistant (CASPA). Please visit our website at http://www.jwu.edu/PA for more information or you may also contact me directly at lauren.brignachuber@jwu.edu.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

jacecrawford, me too! I received a letter in the mail today with a formal invitation to interview and a phone number to set it up but I'm assuming I do not need to call because I already made the appt over the phone? Also, have you received an e-mail or letter in the mail with interview details such as directions, address, etc?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

bstar9--

I was accepted 3 days after the interview and have chosen to attend JWU in June!

I've also interviewed at South University and GW, and have interview invites at OHSU, Quinnipiac, Drexel, University of New England, DMU, and Rush, but I've decided to cancel because I had such a positive experience in Providence. 

Good luck to you!

bstar9- congrats! I think we applied to a lot of the same schools :)  JWU is my top chioce, when did you submit you CASPA? They didn't get all my info till the end of September, hopefully that is why I haven't heard about an interview yet!

do you mind sharing your stats? or you can message me!

Hi, first off, congrats to everyone who has interviewed and/or been accepted!! I was wondering if any of you could comment on what the interview is like, I'm interviewing on Nov. 1st and it sounds laid back but I'd love to have more of an idea of what the day is like. Thanks so much!

There are two interviews and the interviews are 2 on 1 (2 interviewers, 1 applicant).  It sounds a little bit intimidating but everyone was very nice and welcoming.  I actually found it easier because it's less stressful having to focus on and make eye contact with one interviewer; you can kind of switch the direction of your conversation back and forth.  There weren't any crazy, unusual questions.  The normal stuff like tell me about your experience or something specific on your CV, why PA, why now, etc.  There is a group discussion activity and an easy writing sample also.  

The first part of the day is an overview with light refreshments and pastries, and at the end of the day they treated us to lunch at one of the school's restaurants!  Let me know if you have any other specific questions!

• Upvote 2
  • 2 weeks later...