RHODE ISLAND: Johnson & Wales University

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...

I heard yesterday there are about 7 seats left (this could increase as people are accepted then have one month to put down deposit, so they choose another school then another seat becomes open). I interviewed in January with 8 open seats then we have at least a few people in our class who interviewed in March and were accepted then for June 1st start. Not too late if you are a strong candidate - good luck!

• 1 month later...

I heard yesterday there are about 7 seats left (this could increase as people are accepted then have one month to put down deposit, so they choose another school then another seat becomes open). I interviewed in January with 8 open seats then we have at least a few people in our class who interviewed in March and were accepted then for June 1st start. Not too late if you are a strong candidate - good luck!

Do you know if there are any spots still open? I'm still sitting on the wait list...hoping that I've still got a shot. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

@TigerPA2k16 - when is your interview? Mine is September 9th and I can't wait to see what the program has to offer, I've been reading the forums and I love how carefully they choose their students and especially love their humanistic, holistic approach to medicine - it just really sounds like a great fit for me. I can't wait to see the campus and what the program has to offer - will I see you September 9th? Good luck!! All the best!

September 23rd!

@TigerPA2k16 - when is your interview? Mine is September 9th and I can't wait to see what the program has to offer, I've been reading the forums and I love how carefully they choose their students and especially love their humanistic, holistic approach to medicine - it just really sounds like a great fit for me. I can't wait to see the campus and what the program has to offer - will I see you September 9th? Good luck!! All the best!

Hey all! Can anyone give me some insight on shadowing hours? As in, has anybody been invited to interview despite not having them completed? I decided to jump on the CASPA train a little late this cycle and am still trying to coordinate my shadowing hours with my work schedule. All my other requirements are in and I'm CASPA verified. Just wondering if anyone has been in a similar situation or had the scoop!

• 3 weeks later...

Hey great post!

Can you tell us about the interview process? mine is coming up soon! What questions did they ask you? Any hard ones? Thanks so much and good luck in the rest of your process!!

• 4 weeks later...

I'm really excited about this program, but I'm concerned about its provisional accreditation status. During the interview session, did they mention anything about accreditation/obtaining full accreditation status?

@scarfire

Second year student here. The school is still under provisional accreditation status at this time; any new school must undergo a several year evaluation by the ARC-PA with assessments on curriculum, adherence to standards, etc. which is re-evaluated at interval site visits. I had the same reservations when I started, but as long as there is a provisional accreditation (as opposed to probationary), you're good to go to sit for your PANCE exam. So far, the responses have been great, but until then, the program will remain designated with a "provisional status".

If there were any concerns on performance, the class that just graduated had a 100% first time PANCE pass rate!

@scarfire

Second year student here. The school is still under provisional accreditation status at this time; any new school must undergo a several year evaluation by the ARC-PA with assessments on curriculum, adherence to standards, etc. which is re-evaluated at interval site visits. I had the same reservations when I started, but as long as there is a provisional accreditation (as opposed to probationary), you're good to go to sit for your PANCE exam. So far, the responses have been great, but until then, the program will remain designated with a "provisional status".

If there were any concerns on performance, the class that just graduated had a 100% first time PANCE pass rate!

Thanks for the response! Yeah, I'm not concerned about it anymore after doing my research on eligibility to sit on the PANCE and talking to faculty.

I received the call yesterday after my interview that I had been accepted. Very excited! I really liked the faculty members I met, and it seemed like current students are enjoying the program.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived