I already have 28k in student loans. This was used for part of my BA degree and my LVN program. The thought of taking out another 80k for a PA program scares the crap out of me. That's A LOT of cash to pay back. Plus I'm older...32 so part of me feels like I need to do this NOW. I also have a daughter who is 4 and would like to be done with all this before she turns 7.

Are new grad PA's finding it hard to find jobs? This was one of the main reasons I decided to go PA route instead of just doing my RN/BSN. It is taking nurses FOREVER and a day to land their first job due to the lack of exp. I know one RN who was so hard up for a job she took a job in a LTC facility paying her....wait for it.... $14hr (Did I mention she has about $40k in student loans..). It was the only offer she has gotten and she graduated 9 months ago top 3% of her class. That's INSANE. If its anything like this for PA's then I feel even more compelled to "rush"

You could stick with your 28K in loans and make $14/hr or get 100K in loans and make $50/hr+ and loan repayment options. Think about the big picture.

Red Rocks Commmunity College in Colorado.

Malcolm X Community College in Chicago.

Miami-Dade has transitioned to BS.

Tri-C has merged with Cleveland State I believe.

Most of the BS programs are in New York.

Red Rocks CC here in Denver requires bachelors for admission (+ 2000 hrs). Also, since it requires a bachelors degree, the students don't qualify for financial assistance (besides private loans) until yr 2 when & if applying to the collaberative online St. Francis masters program. By "financial assistance", I mean no stafford loans, etc, since as of yr one students are undergraduates with a prior degree. That finance hickup could be issue for other programs set up similar.

Red Rocks Commmunity College in Colorado.

Malcolm X Community College in Chicago.

Miami-Dade has transitioned to BS.

Tri-C has merged with Cleveland State I believe.

Most of the BS programs are in New York.

Red Rocks CC here in Denver requires bachelors for admission (+ 2000 hrs). Also, since it requires a bachelors degree, the students don't qualify for financial assistance (besides private loans) until yr 2 when & if applying to the collaberative online St. Francis masters program. By "financial assistance", I mean no stafford loans, etc, since as of yr one students are undergraduates with a prior degree. That finance hickup could be issue for other programs set up similar.

anne arundel community college(maryland)

sjvc (ca)

medex wa still has a cert option.

miami dade has an a.s. program...

I forget the rest

a few states require a bs to practice. 2 require an m.s.

Texas Tech has a PA program where you go from 66 hour requirement and get a masters out of it. Pretty neat if you ask me. Downside is 90% of the seats for texas schools must be for Texas residents.

anne arundel community college(maryland)

sjvc (ca)

medex wa still has a cert option.

miami dade has an a.s. program...

I forget the rest

a few states require a bs to practice. 2 require an m.s.

Texas Tech has a PA program where you go from 66 hour requirement and get a masters out of it. Pretty neat if you ask me. Downside is 90% of the seats for texas schools must be for Texas residents.

• 3 weeks later...

I just read your post and stroooongly urge you to not lie about this. Since it became common for students to do this and not be residents they started sending out people to check if it was the site of residence. If you are caught...even a month into the program they will surely kick you out. Happened to my friend last year that only lied about the district. They know its fishy if its an address change close to application.

I just read your post and stroooongly urge you to not lie about this. Since it became common for students to do this and not be residents they started sending out people to check if it was the site of residence. If you are caught...even a month into the program they will surely kick you out. Happened to my friend last year that only lied about the district. They know its fishy if its an address change close to application.

Archived