Seattle Emergency Medicine PA jobs

Hello,

I'm currently searching for EMPA jobs in the Seattle area. Looking to move in late spring/early summer of 2021 for my boyfriend's job. I've completed a postgrad residency in emergency medicine in an inner city hospital in the midwest. Will have 2 years of experience by time of move, was also an EMT-B for 3 years prior to school. I was wondering if anyone had information on good hospitals/groups to look at or knows of any places hiring!

Thanks!

C. Bloom

Virginia Mason uses PAs as does Kaiser.

Avoid Harborview, they treat their PAs like crap.

North Sound Emergency Physicians in Bellingham is a good group, as is the group in Bremerton. 

It's a tight market and a lot of EM docs there. If you want to use your residency training to the fullest, you probably want to look at rural areas. 

Highline Emergency Physicians (Burien area) and Ballard Emergency Physicians (Seattle) were both hiring recently, as was a group down in Olympia at Capitol Medical Center.  Associated Emergency Physicians in Renton at Valley Medical Center occasionally will hire, but they are a pretty tight knit group.  One of their PAs may be going out on maternity leave around Spring so a per diem thing may be open?

Agree with @EMEDPA, it's tough to be utilized to your full capacity in the region.  There are some rural groups in Central WA (Brewster, Omak, Tonasket) who will staff solo coverage PAs on occasion, he can likely speak better to opportunities further south.

I work pulm/crit in a neighboring city to Seattle, can talk more about my local group if you PM.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By hmtpnw
      Hello everyone,
      I am currently in the process of applying to cardiology jobs. I'm finishing up school in NC and applying out here as well, but ideally I'd like to end up back home in the Seattle/Tacoma area after graduating.
      I do have a few leads, including an initial call with a recruiter for one of the larger hospital systems later this week, but I am wondering if there are any cardiology PAs here practicing in the Seattle/Tacoma area who would be willing to share any insight about salary, the different hospital systems, current job market, etc.
    • By Erose
      Hello,
      I am currently residing in Bellingham Washington. I am eager to get some shadowing experience prior to applying to PA school this year. I have received both covid vaccines, and would love to shadow in person. Please let me know if you have any ideas. I have reached out to several PAs in the area and have yet to hear back from anyone. 
      Thank you!
    • By Andrea1020
      So I recently found a job that would work well with my schedule as a CNA covid tester. It entails testing patients and going through screening questions with patients then reporting results to the supervisor.  I am a little worried because I don’t really want to go for the job if it isn’t considered PCE. Has anyone have any info on whether or not this is PCE or HCE?
    • By mikesharma
      Hey everyone!  I'm a newbie here.  I am not attempting to spam the forum right out of the gate but wanted to let everyone know about a free opportunity online on Wednesday, 12/2, 5p Pacific,  8p Eastern, no purchase required.
      The Center for Medical Education... the people who do the Original Emergency Medicine Boot Camp and other cool emergency-medicine-focused courses... is going to have a Faculty Forum tomorrow evening with special guest, Dr. Sergey Motov.  He has been of the biggest recent proponents in doing original research as well as publicizing appropriate uses for opioids in the treatment of pain in the acute setting (EM / UC), in addition to other nonopioid methods of pain management.  Dr. Motov's going to be putting on a mini-course summarizing a TON of information.  I have been a follower of his work and his colleagues' work for a while and I still learned a ton when I previewed his talk today.
      After the mini-course, some of the EM Boot Camp Faculty (myself included) are going to be shooting the stuff, answering questions live (and probably arguing a little bit).  You can submit questions live or even send them in an little bit early.  Other than having your most burning questions answered, if you submit a great comment or question, you also have the opportunity to win:
      - a copy of Dr. Motov's brand-new EMRA Pain Management Guide (from the same folks who bring you the awesome EMRA Antibiotics Guide)
      - and the grand prize, ANY ONE of our CCME courses for FREE!  You could grab the Original EM Boot Camp... or if you're a little more seasoned, maybe you go for the Advanced EM Boot Camp or High Risk Emergency Medicine!  Maybe you want to get caught up on new, hot literature and so you go for the Emergency Medicine & Acute Care course.
      Everyone's a winner tomorrow night because you're going to be getting some great info, regardless of whether you walk away with one of our prizes or not.  Would love to have a great PA turnout!  It would most definitely qualify for Cat 2 CME.  Let me know if you have any questions.

-------------------------
      Mike Sharma, PA-C
      Emergency Medicine
      Dallas, TX

https://youtu.be/JL5PQTo6Oqg  

• By Lk56123
      I am currently working on finishing out my second to last didactic semester and starting to plan for clinical rotations.  I worked as a ED tech prior to PA school and loved it.  I also worked a telemetry/cardiac floor tech and between that and lots of shadowing was most interested in EM.  I would consider primary care and hospital medicine as well.  

Is an emergency medicine residency a must in order to work ED? Can anyone give pros and cons? I am interested in a residency, but also would consider primary care or hospitalist medicine and maybe transitioning to ER eventually if I could not get an ER job right away without residency.  Is that unreasonable to think of transitioning? 

As far as rotations are there any rotations to try to get to either prepare for a EM residency or to apply for ED jobs without residency? We have 3 electives, plan to do extra EM electives.  Is that the best way to use all 3 extra electives? Or add Trauma surgery, urgent care, critical care/ICU? 

Important Information

Welcome to the Physician Assistant Forum! This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. Learn More