An Unusual Circumstance In Getting A LOR

A prof that I would like to get a LOR from has informed me that he does not suspect he is going to be living that much longer (I took 3 classes from him.). :saddd:What should I do considering how CASPA is. I will not be finished with my HCE in about a year and to finish my prerequisites is about another 6 months.

Ask him if he's feeling strong or well enough to write a LOR. This will give him an easy out and be respectful of his health and feelings. Some professors are so dedicated to their students that they will teach and help office hours right until they can't any longer.

I agree with this. I've had a professor wanting to do for students right up to the end. I probably wouldn't ask if he did look well, but if he's still making it to class then I would not see any problem asking.

Yes...

• [h=3]Q: What information will be carried over?[/h]A: Most application fields and verified transcripts (transcripts containing coursework calculated into your GPA last cycle by CASPA staff) will be imported into the new application. Once the import is complete, IT IS THE APPLICANT'S RESPONSIBILTY TO GO OVER ALL IMPORTED INFORMATION AND ENSURE IT IS COMPLETE AND ACCURATE. Also, please note that although narratives/personal statements ARE carried over, CASPA STRONGLY ADVISES THAT YOU COMPOSE A NEW PERSONAL STATEMENT. Reusing the same statement you used last cycle is frowned upon by many PA programs.

• [h=3]Q: What information will NOT be carried over?[/h]A: Letters of recommendation, payments, and transcripts containing updated coursework will NOT be carried over and must be resubmitted. In addition, there are fields on the CASPA application which have changed or been added since last cycle which will NOT be filled in by the import. Applicants will have to go over ALL sections of the application and ensure these new sections are filled in, as it will not necessarily be readily apparent from your application checklist that something is missing if the field is not required. APPLICANTS WITH DOCTORATE LEVEL WORK: The categorization of doctorate level coursework has changed. If you have doctorate level work from previous cycles, you must re-enter this work as academic rather than professional.

https://portal.caspaonline.org/applicants2013/faq/reapply.htm

Archived