Post hx of revoked PA Lic and Domestic violense/asssult asking for help state Licen

I am a recovering alcoholic for 3 years. March 1, 2007 I had my PA Lic revoked because I did not stay in a 100 day inpt rehab. I also was involved in a domestic violence/assult case while drinking in 05/2007. I have been in recovery since 10/2009. I took and passed the PANCE exam Feb 1, 2012. My score was in the 93%. I have reapplied to and been denied by Arizona and California. I realize I made some huge mistakes, today I am completely sober, attend Alcoholics Anonymous daily, was performing 2 random urine drug and alcohol screening monthly (until these states did not recognize these at a cost of 90$ monthly), have been thru a 5 week extensive outpt treatment that I graduated may 2010. I'm asking if anybody out there has been in a similar situation or knows anyone who has and what did they do? Were they licensed and where? Please help

Just because someone is charged or involved in a crime does not mean they will be convicted. I'm asking because usually a Domestic Violence charge ending in conviction leads to a felony. And as you know that would cause all kinds of problems across the board with not just the medical field but any job in general including all the other things that have been mentioned thus far.

Just because someone is charged or involved in a crime does not mean they will be convicted. I'm asking because usually a Domestic Violence charge ending in conviction leads to a felony. And as you know that would cause all kinds of problems across the board with not just the medical field but any job in general including all the other things that have been mentioned thus far.

My domestic violence/assult was a conviction as a misdemeanor

Call your state's bar association and ask about a lawyer who specializes in expungement/sealing of a record. The rules vary from state to state but they sometimes allow you to legally check "no" on a question about criminal convictions if you successfully expunge or seal the record.

Other than that, get a lawyer and pursue the appeals process. Good luck.

Archived