Tacoma get together and interview jan 8

Hi all, My name is Andriene and I will be interviewing with MEDEX on January 8th, I thought it might be a good idea to start a thread for the Tacoma folks, so here it goes! Is anyone interested in getting together Monday evening before the interview? Is anyone traveling from out of town and does everyone have everthing that they might need in terms of transportation and accommodation? I feel very honored to have been selected to interview and am looking forward to meeting all of you!

Cheers ~ Andriene S. :smile:

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello everyone My name is Kate and I am also interviewing on the 8th for Tacoma. I am defiantely looking forward to meeting some of you before and I am also hoping it will help calm the nerves for the day of. I also live in Tacoma but I am willing to meet where it is convenientfor everyone. The more the merrier! Thanks Andriene for starting the link I was going to but have gotten busy with work. Tammy have you interviewed anywhere before? Anyone have any recommendations? I was hoping one of my East Coast schools would invite me for interview before UW. If we meet somewhere else than Tacoma I would be willing to drive everyone from T-town.

Not to confuse things but we could also plan on getting together on Saturday afternoon/evening if that is better for those of us that can make it. I was thinking The Harmon Brewery downtown, we could walk onto campus and make sure we all know where we are going etc....I am off next weekend so I am open to anything!!!! ~ A

Kate- I did interview last year in Anchorage. The best I advice I can give is be yourself. You know why you want to be a PA be sure that you answer honestly and reflect your own thoughts and opinions. Also be social, interact with the other candiates there for interview, they are also looking for how you interact with each other.

But really the most important thing is BE YOURSELF...

Hello everyone!!! I am just trying to firm up our plans for the possibility of getting together before our interview. Tracie has graciously offered to meet with us as well and I am sure we could all glean from her previous experience and acceptance into MEDEX : ) . I am thinking that The Harmon Brewery is our best bet, it is located in the middle of campus and has a nice space for visiting. Should we try for Saturday or Monday, say at 6 pm ? If anyone has a different idea please feel free to put it out there.

I hate to throw a monkey wrench in the plans for me being there... but I forgot we are hosting my niece and nephew for a sleepover Saturday night. We had already rescheduled on them several times over the last few months, so I really need to follow through on this with them. I am available Monday, and would also be glad to talk with any of you by phone / text / email - or meet for coffee / quick bite.

The best advice I can give is what I didn't believe from others until I arrived for our get together the night before MEDEX selection.... just be yourself. You are going to be surrounded by very highly competent and accomplished professionals. Everyone interviewing has GREAT resumes.... only by being you can you show them what makes you different and what you have that is unique to bring to the class dynamic. Smile, shake hands, and leave no introduction unmade both with selection conference team and your fellow candidates.

I'm sure I will think of more over the weekend when I'm not winding down from work :)

I recently interviewed (and was accepted) with Tracie to the Yakima campus, and I agree with the advise. Really, just be yourself. I made an effort to talk to people interviewing and know their story, get to know them. I gave honest answers, not what I thought they wanted to hear-if you feel yourself floundering smile and take a deep breath and continue, I did that once or twice! I truly believe that what you think, you become. So think you'll get that phone call and you deserve to be in the next class! I was nervous as heck so trust me you can do this. Good luck!!

Awesome advice Lemieux!! Congratulations on your acceptance into the program!! I am really looking forward to the process and I feel very honored to be interviewing (I am an oldster and this feels like it has been a really long time coming, so thrilled to be here : ) )....... Best of luck to you and thank you for taking the time to share : )

~ Andriene S

Archived