Tacoma get together and interview jan 8

I agree with you Kate, we will continue with our journey, whether we get in this year or the next.

Thank you for passing on those encouraging words. I agree with everyone, it was a very strong group of candidates, all extremely accomplished.

Jeff-Welcome to the forum! We are all just hanging in there, good luck to you and everyone else.

~Lily

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You guys want to hear something funny, I got the mail tonight and I realized there was a letter sized envelope that had a return address of UW Tacoma. I thought to myself wow I must have done a lot worse than I thought to get a extra speedy rejection letter already. Turns out it was information to attend UW Tacoma for my neighbor who is a high school student. What timing and what a coincidence :)- Kate

Alright peeps, we know they wont be calling over the weekend. SO do the best you can to put it aside and have a great weekend... get all your anxiety out by cheering for the Seahawks this weekend.

I really enjoyed interviewing with you guys and everyone I had in my interviews you all did great... I hope that we all make it.. :)

Hi there Brandon ~

Welcome to the forum!!! It was really great meeting you as well and I think that you did a great job in the interview that I attended! The waiting is difficult isn't it?!?! I woke up this morning with a new perspective though, I think that having a few days to wait is a really good thing, it calms the nerves and clears the head - just like the patient that has just received some bad (perhaps even devestating) news, they need a few days to digest it all before they are able to see more clearly what the next best step is. Excellent job everyone and how cool is it that we had the chance to interview for the first EVER class in Tacoma!!! Cheers to you all!! ~ Andriene

Brandon- I knoew we would suck you in, hahahaha welcome!!!! OK everyone so I had to email Medex because I also got invited to interview in a couple

of weeks to one of my East coast schools. I also noticed since I applied they made their program longer to 6 years :sad:

So Mariah let me know they will probably not be making final decisions until after the interviews next week Tuesday. Just wanted to let you all know. So it looks like I am flying back east because I don't want to wait until the last second to buy a ticket and of course I want to maximize my chances of acceptance to any of my pograms. Everyone have a great weekend!!!! Kate

Good Luck Kate.. I know you will do great.. Just remember only you can give them the power to intimidate you.. You are awesome and you have shown your perseverence.

Remember to BREATHE... knock em dead.. wouldn't it be great to have to choose which school you want to attend..

Thank you everyone I am not really sure of this whole 6 year thing I got an email not realizing I was from Washington state and offered to do a phone interview so I don't have to fly out there they said it would count the same and would be no different. I don,t know my sister pointed out a good point that I could apply to Medex 2 more times and even if I got accepted my 2 nd or 3 rd time I would still be out quicker than if I went 6 years. this is all getting crazy! I am also glad Brandon to have more of an idea of a date. Hope it will help me relax a little and of course the football game this weekend! Go seahawks

I too have been sucked into the PA Forum. I am glad to hear Kate's news that Tuesday will begin the decision making. I will try and not suffer a psychotic break until then. Waiting has been hard since I am having to stay home from work and take care of my wife and four kids, all of whom are febrile, tachy, and are coughing their brains out. Hopefully we will all know more next week.

Mateo

Archived