Really great clip regarding PA-Physician partnerships

Had me until the last segment- "Every time my supervising physician and I have a disagreement about patient care he is right." Seriously? How about, he respects my training and the DECADES of experience I bring to the table AND that I might have something valid to add, that god-forbid, he didn't think of in this particular case. How strange and completely uninspiring was this part? Just once I want to see something that is 100% pro PA without taking some subtle jab at our competency... Somebody else must have noticed this.

Meh.....too much, Dr. So and So, while addressing Freddie as Freddie.....These subtle title differences are disturbing...Why not Dr. Sigal-Gidan? She's earned it.....Why not address the others as Mr. or Mrs.?

This doesn't reflect teamwork. It reflects the physician perception of teamwork, which is.....Do what I say, I am in charge, and you are lesser than me.....

I was less than impressed. Not surprised, but less than impressed. I agree with the need for communication, but that goes BOTH ways, which at least Dr. Chui acknowledged.

Otherwise, the video depicted us EXACTLY as physicians would like to see.......Residents for life. Eternal learners never granted a seat at the table.

I think you guys need to take a step back and get over yourselves. You all chose PA school for one reason or another and I'm sure many of you could have gotten into and done the whole med school thing if you wanted - but you didn't. This forum is a sad place that I recently stumbled upon all anyone does here is complain and bicker about how you guys aren't respected or that your opinion should matter (and it does..) but at the end of the day you are NOT the physician and you don't have the liability and in some cases knowledge to make those calls. The saying goes, you don't know what you don't know. If it bothers you that match pack up your white coat and go back to DOCTOR school. Otherwise live with it you chose to be a PA no one put a gun to your head you are not and never will be at the head of the table.

Archived