Elon University PA Program

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Jackie! Just requested to follow you on twitter, mine is @stephshmeph. I'm definitely considering the whole roommate thing to keep costs down! Feel free to tweet me or message me on here. And of course, welcome to the conversation! :)

Cari, I'm definitely still in that "wait.. it can't be real" phase. Just so excited that it's happening!!

@wallaceb09, congrats on getting an interview and I hope we get to be classmates! :) The best advice I can give you, at least from my point of view, is to truly know about the profession and WHY you want to be a PA. otherwise, just be yourself! all of the faculty were incredibly encouraging and no one is trying to intimidate you. as it has been said on this forum many times before, you're trying to see if the program is a good fit for you just as much as the program is trying to see if you're a good fit for it. if you have any other specific questions, feel free to inbox me. good luck!

@eajohnson ... i have found 3 places all within a few miles from campus and its called The glenns at elon, hawthorne at forest dale, and windsor upon stone crest. Some have 1,2, and 3 bedroom apartments and great amenities- gym, trash pickup, pool, common rooms, etc.

i am leaning toward The Glenns which is a mile from campus and has the biggest rooms.

anyone feel free to message me about being roommates at my twitter- jackiekay27

Hey guys, I am a current student at Elon. If you guys have any questions let me know. It's a great program. Congratulations![/QUOT

@FloridatoNC: That's great to hear that you like the program! I have an interview on the 28th at Elon and I am looking forward to it. I read on the Elon PA website that there is a short written exercise. Would you be able to give me any information about that so I can know what to expect? Thanks!

@JackieKay27: hey I sent you a twitter following request i think (I don't usually use twitter much, I have it for staying up to date on professional things haha) but I wanted to get in touch with you! where are you looking at housing at? I found a couple decently priced places, including the Glenns.

@JackieKay27: hey I sent you a twitter following request i think (I don't usually use twitter much, I have it for staying up to date on professional things haha) but I wanted to get in touch with you! where are you looking at housing at? I found a couple decently priced places, including the Glenns.

@FloridatoNC

hey, I'm wondering if you could help some of us out with housing suggestions for around Elon for the students that are accepted. Did you start by looking online, and then visit to finalize your housing? I was looking at a couple places like the Glenns, Eastbrooke, the Gardens, and Willowcreek. Have you heard of any of these or have suggestions? Thanks!

@FloridatoNC

hey, I'm wondering if you could help some of us out with housing suggestions for around Elon for the students that are accepted. Did you start by looking online, and then visit to finalize your housing? I was looking at a couple places like the Glenns, Eastbrooke, the Gardens, and Willowcreek. Have you heard of any of these or have suggestions? Thanks!

Hi everyone! Congratulations to all who have been accepted so far. I'm a current student too and we are all pretty excited to start meeting next year's class. I don't get on here much and this board doesn't notify when someone replies, so please excuse me if you write and I don't answer- life is pretty busy these days lol!

As for computers- our class is about half and half macs and half pcs. I like my Mac a lot, but either works great. Our computer lab (where we take most tests and quizzes) is PC. I think you just need to use what you like and are comfortable with- I never knew I could spend so much time on a computer in a day!

leisa- I had to lol at your comment because I am actually the oldest person in my class :-)

Elon's program is really great- I am so glad I chose to come here! I look forward to meeting you all!

Hi everyone! Congratulations to all who have been accepted so far. I'm a current student too and we are all pretty excited to start meeting next year's class. I don't get on here much and this board doesn't notify when someone replies, so please excuse me if you write and I don't answer- life is pretty busy these days lol!

As for computers- our class is about half and half macs and half pcs. I like my Mac a lot, but either works great. Our computer lab (where we take most tests and quizzes) is PC. I think you just need to use what you like and are comfortable with- I never knew I could spend so much time on a computer in a day!

leisa- I had to lol at your comment because I am actually the oldest person in my class :-)

Elon's program is really great- I am so glad I chose to come here! I look forward to meeting you all!

Regarding housing, our class pretty much lives all over the place. There are a few of us that live right around the Francis Center which is very convenient for your first year, others live at some of the apartments in Burlington. Then others live in Greensboro, Raleigh, Mebane, and other surrounding towns. I personally would recommend to living as close to campus that you can. I know it saves me a lot of time considering we basically live at the Francis Center. I would just be careful when your looking for housing to check and see what the population is in the apartment complex/condos you are looking at. A lot of the apartments around the area are full of undergrads, which could be loud when your trying to study or the few hours you get to sleep ;). I know Elon Place and Ethan Point are graduate student housing. You have plenty of time to figure out housing. I waited until the last minute for my housing, but I am pretty sure most of my classmates found their housing in September. A few of my classmates have classmates as roommates and many of us live alone. It is just whatever your preference is. Now as far as computers go like WCA said. It is really whatever your preference is. I have a PC because that is what I am used to. I would recommend though that if you are purchasing a new laptop to find one that isn't too large and bulky because you will always be lugging it around. We are really excited to meet everyone for next year. And goodluck to those still waiting to hear back. If you have any other questions don't hesitate to ask :)

Regarding housing, our class pretty much lives all over the place. There are a few of us that live right around the Francis Center which is very convenient for your first year, others live at some of the apartments in Burlington. Then others live in Greensboro, Raleigh, Mebane, and other surrounding towns. I personally would recommend to living as close to campus that you can. I know it saves me a lot of time considering we basically live at the Francis Center. I would just be careful when your looking for housing to check and see what the population is in the apartment complex/condos you are looking at. A lot of the apartments around the area are full of undergrads, which could be loud when your trying to study or the few hours you get to sleep ;). I know Elon Place and Ethan Point are graduate student housing. You have plenty of time to figure out housing. I waited until the last minute for my housing, but I am pretty sure most of my classmates found their housing in September. A few of my classmates have classmates as roommates and many of us live alone. It is just whatever your preference is. Now as far as computers go like WCA said. It is really whatever your preference is. I have a PC because that is what I am used to. I would recommend though that if you are purchasing a new laptop to find one that isn't too large and bulky because you will always be lugging it around. We are really excited to meet everyone for next year. And goodluck to those still waiting to hear back. If you have any other questions don't hesitate to ask :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

In response to housing if anyone is still looking...we just were told about the rotation locations for clinicals and they are mostly in alamance and guilford county. When I moved down to NC, I decided to live in Whitsett, NC which is right on the line between guilford and alamance. It is only 10-15 mins away from campus and will be the perfect location for clinical rotations. I chose to not live close to campus in order to get away from undergrads. Also, the further you get from school, the more likely your apartment complex will have a pool (if you want that! haha). I live in a 2 bedroom apartment by myself which allows me to have a separate study area.

Hey s59reese! I will list the complexes that current students live in now: Brightwood Crossing (where I live and love it), Windsor Upon Stonecrest, Ethan Point (newer but a little expensive), Partners Place (close to campus but some undergrads). You can also look on e-net on elon's website for townhomes that are rented to students. You can find some really nice ones. When I was looking for apartments I also looked at Bell Alamance (cable is included) and Summerlyn. Summerlyn was a little older but did have a nice sunroom for a study area and a gate at the front. Bell Alamance is right off of the highway which is good for rotations and have huge 20' bedrooms in the 1 bedroom with a sunroom but no balcony. If I think of anything else, I will let you know!

Archived