Elon University PA Program

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Vinny,

The interviews are conducted a little bit differently at Elon, but I liked it. Instead of one interview lasting 20-30 minutes you have three interviews that are 10 minutes each. They are with the current staff of the program. Very relaxed, and not intimidating at all. I would say the questions are fairly standard, so really just be yourself (I know that sounds like a broken record). But it truly is about them just wanting to get to know you, and try to determine if you are the right fit.

@1234

Thanks, and congrats to you too!! I also interviewed on 1/18...we may have met! There are other schools I am considering. I have another interview scheduled and will find out that same day if I'm accepted or not. If not, I will likely go ahead and send my deposit to Elon. I am highly impressed by Elon so I will not be disappointed if that's where I end up. What about you?

@frackgirl

Thanks! We must have met even if it was just in passing. I was supposed to be in the afternoon group, but I had a flight to catch so I spent parts of the process with both groups. Which group were you in?

I was also considering other schools, and I was hoping to get at least one more interview out of this application cycle. But, at this late date I kind of doubt it. Oddly, Elon has been the only school I actually got an interview at. But, I think that was largely due to applying too close to the deadline for many programs. But, all said I was also very impressed with Elon. I think the program would be a good fit for me, and I would be very happy there. So, at the end of the day I think it has all worked out for the best.

Well one more spot should be opening up as I am about to give mine up. I was just moved off the waitlist at my top choice school. The decision to give up my spot was actually more difficult to make than I anticipated, as I was very impressed by Elon and have no doubt it will be a successful program. Good luck to all!

@gcdeguzm mine was in committee for a good while after I submitted before I got my interview invite. I actually called because I didn't know if that was typical, but it is! I submitted the end of July, was "In Committee" until January, then received an interview invite for 2/22. hang tight, the wait is long but worth it!

Hey guys! So I have an interview for Feb. 18, and I was wondering if anyone could share what the interview process was like if they have already had one. Was there a writing sample? Are the interviews in a group or individual? What kind of questions were you asked? Thanks for any info.

So, I just read the post by 1234 about the interview day and I wanted to know what are the 'standard' questions? I like to have as much detail as possible to see what direction this school leans towards.

Thanks!

@eajohnson, I have no idea! :) At my other interviews thus far it's been pretty standard stuff; for example, situational questions (i.e. we're given a situation and asked what we would do), why we chose to apply to that school, what issues we feel are facing PAs today, pretty general stuff. In my opinion, it seems more like they're just testing our writing ability. Side note, I've also had a medical terminology test tossed in. I don't know if Elon does that kind of thing! Just know it can be possible, I guess! :) Hope to meet you Friday, have a safe trip!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived