How common is it for PA's to become a MD?

Under the current system where you have to go start all the way back at the beginning of med school, then do residency, I think anyone who does all that just to be an MD instead of a PA is crazy. Just crazy. There are so many other things in life to spend time on like family or having fun.

Some people value furthering their education, gaining greater autonomy, etc.

Definitely crazy :)

I have exams every Monday except the Monday after Thanksgiving for the rest of the semester. I am poorer than I have been in a decade and in desperate need of a vacation. I still hate kidneys although I'm starting to really understand them. I am already a better teacher and after a year and a half of osteopathic principles I am a whiz at musculoskeletal problems--something I used to loathe.

But yeah, crazy is about right.

Wow! Im really thankful for the replies. Thank you!

I just finished my undergraduate work and decided it wasnt for me. I knew my passion was in the medical field. After shadowing a PA I knew this was what I want to do for the rest of my life. So now Im starting my post bacc work =]. I cant wait to be admitted into PA school. If anyone has any information regarding shadowing opportunities in the Los Angeles area or in Orange county that will be a big help. I looked at other threads that had valuable information, but the programs arent available anymore. If not, thats fine.

Thanks for replying. it shows that this forum has a really good community.

Archived