I just want to tell those of you that have upcoming interviews with ATSU, I think you will have a great interview experience! I interviewed yesterday, and the faculty and staff were all very welcoming, kind, and approachable. They really helped us all feel very comfortable, and it felt like their goal was really just to get to know us as individuals. It was well organized and very informative as well. So, good luck to all of you waiting to interview, and I'll cross my fingers for those of you that are still waiting to hear from them about an interview. If there are any of you that don't end up getting into PA school this cycle, I would definitely say to apply to ATSU again! I was very pleased with my overall experience yesterday, and with their program.  

• Like 4

49 minutes ago, AngieJ said:

I just want to tell those of you that have upcoming interviews with ATSU, I think you will have a great interview experience! I interviewed yesterday, and the faculty and staff were all very welcoming, kind, and approachable. They really helped us all feel very comfortable, and it felt like their goal was really just to get to know us as individuals. It was well organized and very informative as well. So, good luck to all of you waiting to interview, and I'll cross my fingers for those of you that are still waiting to hear from them about an interview. If there are any of you that don't end up getting into PA school this cycle, I would definitely say to apply to ATSU again! I was very pleased with my overall experience yesterday, and with their program.  

This is great to hear! I interview on the 18th.

Did they say how long it would be estimated until you hear back from them? And if possible to share, how many question rooms there were? 

I am super excited to interview but also super nervous! 

3 hours ago, AngieJ said:

Congratulations on your interview Angie! I interview on September 25th in person. Could you please share how many people there were and if there was anything you found to be more challenging? I know you probably shouldn’t give specifics, I’ve just been stressing this and probably over thinking the MMI portion. It gives me a little peace of mind reading your’s and past applicant’s positive experiences. 

3 hours ago, gaz2022 said:

This is great to hear! I interview on the 18th.

Did they say how long it would be estimated until you hear back from them? And if possible to share, how many question rooms there were? 

I am super excited to interview but also super nervous! 

Good luck on your interview! I honestly think it will be a positive experience for you.  Gina said that typically following the interview, you should hear back in 2-3 weeks, but that she was hoping it would be closer to a week. I'm hoping it will be closer to a week too. 😉  I'm sure it is fine to share the number of rooms because I emailed about the format over a month ago, and they told me there would be 7 MMI stations and 1 rest station, which is exactly what there was.

1 hour ago, SurgicalSuzy said:

Congratulations on your interview Angie! I interview on September 25th in person. Could you please share how many people there were and if there was anything you found to be more challenging? I know you probably shouldn’t give specifics, I’ve just been stressing this and probably over thinking the MMI portion. It gives me a little peace of mind reading your’s and past applicant’s positive experiences. 

Good luck in your umpcoming interview! It really should be a good experience for you. In my interview session there were 24 applicants, but I don't know if that will be the same for all the interview sessions. I think MMI questions are challenging, just because you can't really prepare for them and you have to think and formulate a response quickly, but I would say that it was about how I imaged it would be as far as the types of questions, so it didn't feel too challenging. And you're right, I can't give any specifics. 🙂 The one thing that I think helped me the most was that all of the interviewers were very pleasant and seemed to really just want to get to know me and get a feel for my thought process, character, and personality, so the MMI didn't feel as intimidating as I thought that it would.

20 minutes ago, AngieJ said:

Good luck in your umpcoming interview! It really should be a good experience for you. In my interview session there were 24 applicants, but I don't know if that will be the same for all the interview sessions. I think MMI questions are challenging, just because you can't really prepare for them and you have to think and formulate a response quickly, but I would say that it was about how I imaged it would be as far as the types of questions, so it didn't feel too challenging. And you're right, I can't give any specifics. 🙂 The one thing that I think helped me the most was that all of the interviewers were very pleasant and seemed to really just want to get to know me and get a feel for my thought process, character, and personality, so the MMI didn't feel as intimidating as I thought that it would.

Angie, 

Thank you so much for sharing your experience! My fingers are crossed for you and I hope to hear you got good news soon! It looks like last year some applicants got their results in a few days time. Some seemed longer too, but most looked under a week. Good Luck and fingers crossed! From your positive spirit I am sure you did amazing!!!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, AngieJ said:

@SurgicalSuzy You're welcome! And thanks for your encouragement and well wishes. Hopefully I'll post with good news soon, but whatever the outcome, I'm grateful for the positive experience that I had interviewing. Good luck on the 25th!

That’s the best way to look at it no matter the results!!! Thank you for your positive wishes as well! I am going to try to go into it less nervous. ❤️

Unfortunately, I was not offered a seat in the ATSU PA program 😔, BUT I am on the alternate list 😃, so I am still hopeful that I may still be accepted into the program at a later date. We were the first interview group, and it would be interesting to know how many were offered a seat, how many were waitlisted, and how many were rejected. Good luck to all of you with upcoming interviews! If good fortune is on our side, maybe we'll be classmates in the future. 

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, AngieJ said:

Unfortunately, I was not offered a seat in the ATSU PA program 😔, BUT I am on the alternate list 😃, so I am still hopeful that I may still be accepted into the program at a later date. We were the first interview group, and it would be interesting to know how many were offered a seat, how many were waitlisted, and how many were rejected. Good luck to all of you with upcoming interviews! If good fortune is on our side, maybe we'll be classmates in the future. 

Angie,

I am crossing my fingers for you that you get offered a seat at a later date or you get into another one of your top schools. I love your attitude towards this whole process and I wish you the best of luck! I am on the Pre-PA Club Facebook page and I saw only one person got accepted to the program from your group. I agree it would be interesting to know how many get accepted and waitlisted. Just to see the overall process. Keep your head up though! Like you said hopefully some of us end up classmates at some point ❤️

1 hour ago, prePAyyy said:

"Application ready for review" email received 6/16.

Invitation to interview extended on 6/28.

Interview date 9/25.

Second time applicant, second time interviewee. MMI hits different. Wish me luck. 

Hey There, 

I received my invite the same day and have the same interview date as you. I’m Suzy, feel free to say hi or if you just want someone in your corner that day as well! Good luck to you! We got this! ❤️

17 minutes ago, ARoseMPA said:

interviewed at this program today! the staff were extremely friendly and kind. does anybody else overthink a lot after these interviews because i don’t know how to feel! 😂😭

Was it via zoom or in person? And did they say when to expect to hear back?
I interviewed on Monday and have been second guessing myself ever since I left the interview lol! It’s definitely nerve wracking, but attempt to keep yourself busy so your mind isn’t on it! 

21 minutes ago, gaz2022 said:

Was it via zoom or in person? And did they say when to expect to hear back?
I interviewed on Monday and have been second guessing myself ever since I left the interview lol! It’s definitely nerve wracking, but attempt to keep yourself busy so your mind isn’t on it! 

It was via zoom! hoping to hear back by Monday at least! i’m just a little worried about my academics themselves but hoping my answers made up for it. it’s hard to not think about! lol