Franklin Pierce Hybrid 2023-2024 Cycle

On 12/4/2023 at 11:47 AM, GrnPA said:

ahhh congrats @Eyeofthetiger! You give me hope! Lol. When* you get into Arizona also, which will you choose?

Thank you!! Got accepted to the Texas program and still can’t believe it 😭😆.
That’s gonna be so difficult for me lol, maybe TX since my family’s there but I live closer to AZ, I’ll check with my gut after the interviews!

Edited by Eyeofthetiger

14 hours ago, PrePASarah said:

Got accepted to Texas as of this morning!

Im excited but at the same time not positively sure. Wondering if I should stick with it and if Ill do okay online learning, or if I should wait a year to try and get into an in person PA program for next year. Does anyone have any advice on that? 

I declined my seat because of being accepted to an in-person school. I was worried about online learning, rotations and more. Glad I did since Yale Online shut down after this current cycle. The things I've read about PA students going to rotations from Yale online not knowing anything worried me. Not saying FP Texas will be the same but haven't been to impressed with their process so far (ghosted for months, had to mail me a letter because of some address issue, wrong address on the letter, and acceptance letter after declining my seat).  However, if you don't have a lot of distractions, and can focus with on-line, give it a shot. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/4/2024 at 11:26 AM, SunshinestatePA123 said:

Did anyone get accepted into the programs with credits that are more than 10 years? 

I did. I did undergrad and grad school in 2006/09 and have some prereqs from that (anatomy, gen Chem 1, general bio stuff, stats, psychology, etc.). However I also have recent credits which reviewed those anyway to some extent so I think they were fine with it. (Gen chemistry 2, biochem, physiology and microbiology).

Edited by CAteachertoPA

On 12/18/2023 at 11:16 PM, MilitarytoPA said:

I declined my seat because of being accepted to an in-person school. I was worried about online learning, rotations and more. Glad I did since Yale Online shut down after this current cycle. The things I've read about PA students going to rotations from Yale online not knowing anything worried me. Not saying FP Texas will be the same but haven't been to impressed with their process so far (ghosted for months, had to mail me a letter because of some address issue, wrong address on the letter, and acceptance letter after declining my seat).  However, if you don't have a lot of distractions, and can focus with on-line, give it a shot. 

I accepted my seat. I got into an in person program, but currently rethinking my decision. I am not sure if online learning is for me. I do like how the class courses are outlines. Majority of programs have anatomy one semester and done, but this program has anatomy for 4 terms and they go through the systems based on what youre currently learning in clinical med. It seems way better bc you're not cramming all this info at once but learning about it at a better pace. I am trying to make my decision taking everything into consideration. Hybrid would work better for me, but I wanted to do in person because its more effective for me. 

If anyone has any thoughts please let me know. I would love to hear your perspective. 

I applied early August and received an email September 1st saying my application was received. On October 9th I received another email saying my application is still eligible. I have not received anything else after that, do you guys think they are still sending out interview invitations?

14 minutes ago, Roe02 said:

I applied early August and received an email September 1st saying my application was received. On October 9th I received another email saying my application is still eligible. I have not received anything else after that, do you guys think they are still sending out interview invitations?

If this is for AZ, i think you still have a shot! Last year they interviewed until early April 🙂. Our TX campus already finished interviews.