Franklin Pierce Hybrid 2023-2024 Cycle

13 hours ago, DreamItBelieveItBecomeIt said:

It was interesting because they said it would be a couple to a few weeks for them to make their decision. My waitlist status was nearly immediate. I’m staying hopeful. And I’m staying busy! I’ve got to keep my mind sharp and focused. 

So, members are not connected necessarily by the University to help get to know one another? I wonder if someone asked if the University would help connect the cohort.

Also, what are you and those you’ve connected eigg th doing before day one of the program?

We have all pretty much connected through here and the Pre-PA FB group! The university hasn’t set anything up for us so far. A lot of people are still working and plan to leave shortly before school starts. We’re all just waiting to hear about next steps from the program 🙂 

1 hour ago, gaz2022 said:

We have all pretty much connected through here and the Pre-PA FB group! The university hasn’t set anything up for us so far. A lot of people are still working and plan to leave shortly before school starts. We’re all just waiting to hear about next steps from the program 🙂 

Has the University shared what the next steps would be? I believe I heard maybe by the summer some details might be shared as to start dates, etc.

I would like to have a trip before starting. But, I totally get working until just before! I would certainly work as much as I could before starting!

👋to the cohort, from a hopeful member!

1 hour ago, DreamItBelieveItBecomeIt said:

Has the University shared what the next steps would be? I believe I heard maybe by the summer some details might be shared as to start dates, etc.

I would like to have a trip before starting. But, I totally get working until just before! I would certainly work as much as I could before starting!

👋to the cohort, from a hopeful member!

The start date is 8/26 with orientation one week before! We’re still waiting on info such as financial aid & what health criteria we need to meet before starting. 

Where would you be coming from if you’re accepted? Fingers crossed you’ll be pulled off soon!

40 minutes ago, gaz2022 said:

The start date is 8/26 with orientation one week before! We’re still waiting on info such as financial aid & what health criteria we need to meet before starting. 

Where would you be coming from if you’re accepted? Fingers crossed you’ll be pulled off soon!

I sort of thought that might be the start.
I’m in Dallas, Texas. Where are from?

Are many moving since it’s hybrid? I know immersive weeks are scheduled times 4 over the didactic year.

I don’t hope any poor events for anyone admitted. I do hope an opportunity for the right reasons happens for me! I know I would thrive and contribute to the cohort.

Edited by DreamItBelieveItBecomeIt

48 minutes ago, DreamItBelieveItBecomeIt said:

I sort of thought that might be the start.
I’m in Dallas, Texas. Where are from?

Are many moving since it’s hybrid? I know immersive weeks are scheduled times 4 over the didactic year.

I don’t hope any poor events for anyone admitted. I do hope an opportunity for the right reasons happens for me! I know I would thrive and contribute to the cohort.

I am out in AZ! I believe a few people are moving closer to the program, but majority are staying where they currently are!

9 minutes ago, DreamItBelieveItBecomeIt said:

Oh that's excellent - You got accepted in your own state!  Does the University have a campus you could use to study as groups?  

🤞

Yes! The campus is in Goodyear and houses their PT & PA Programs!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, DreamItBelieveItBecomeIt said:

Wonderful! Sounds like there would be a fair amount of the cohort residing close and might make the cohesion even stronger! 

When did you interview and when were you accepted?

Yes, I’m very excited to have multiple peers nearby! And I interviewed Sept 18th and was accepted Sept 25th! 

15 hours ago, gaz2022 said:

Yes, I’m very excited to have multiple peers nearby! And I interviewed Sept 18th and was accepted Sept 25th! 

Probably not, by the sounds, but have you met anyone who had been admitted since the February interviews?

My interview was scheduled for mid-February but had to be rescheduled because of an emergency with the interviewer. I’m curious if anyone I interviewed with was accepted. I’m a curious person! 😬

3 hours ago, DreamItBelieveItBecomeIt said:

Probably not, by the sounds, but have you met anyone who had been admitted since the February interviews?

My interview was scheduled for mid-February but had to be rescheduled because of an emergency with the interviewer. I’m curious if anyone I interviewed with was accepted. I’m a curious person! 😬

I actually haven’t seen anyone accepted from the February interviews! I have heard of a few waitlists, but no acceptances! 

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/8/2024 at 1:50 PM, gaz2022 said:

I actually haven’t seen anyone accepted from the February interviews! I have heard of a few waitlists, but no acceptances! 

My February interview date was 2/5 and I was accepted the following Friday. There were a few accepted (judging by our Facebook page) about a week after but we haven't had any new fb members since mid-February. Not sure if they don't know about the Facebook group or if they put a pause on interviewing for a few weeks. 

Hearing about an emergency with one of the interviewers makes a lot of sense though. I wondered why they weren't interviewing more rapidly with the need to fill (I'm assuming) around 20 more seats. 

Congratulations on making the waitlist @DreamItBelieveItBecomeIt! I also had a friend who was waitlisted and accepted a few weeks later. Fingers crossed for you!

26 minutes ago, shelfrank said:

My February interview date was 2/5 and I was accepted the following Friday. There were a few accepted (judging by our Facebook page) about a week after but we haven't had any new fb members since mid-February. Not sure if they don't know about the Facebook group or if they put a pause on interviewing for a few weeks. 

Hearing about an emergency with one of the interviewers makes a lot of sense though. I wondered why they weren't interviewing more rapidly with the need to fill (I'm assuming) around 20 more seats. 

Congratulations on making the waitlist @DreamItBelieveItBecomeIt! I also had a friend who was waitlisted and accepted a few weeks later. Fingers crossed for you!

Yes, that is true! I was surprised to see not that many people join our group after that round of interviews. I’m curious if they’re finished with interviews and will just accept off the waitlist or where we’re standing with it. I’ve posted in the other forum under AZ but not many responses in that forum! 

• Upvote 1

On 3/18/2024 at 1:41 PM, shelfrank said:

Thank you for the congratulations! I am glad to hear from everyone about their experiences. I hope to be a fellow member of the cohort if an opportunity presents.