After acceptance.. how long do you have to decide?

Science yes that is what the deposit essentially is :) I understand the need for it though, as they continue to interview applicants on a rolling admissions basis they need a rough idea of how many spots are already filled or "held". My deposit was $750 and was due 2 weeks after my acceptance, however I could have asked for an extension if I was in a hardship.

• 2 months later...

I had 2 weeks to decide. Because I hadn't heard ANYTHING from 8 other schools at that point (it was really early in the cycle), I decided it was in my best interest to accept, and if I lose the $500, so what, it's nothing compared to the what, $100K that PA school will eventually cost me! (however, working in healthcare and owning a horse I do live check to check which made the $500 particularly painful - BUT in the grand scheme of things I figured it was definitely worth the peace of mind!)

TThielen: I paid a $500 deposit for one school, and then accepted an offer from my first choice later on and paid them $1000. Instead of dwelling on the overall cost, I just looked at it like I paid $1500 to hold my seat at my number one choice. I emailed the first program immediately to open up a seat for an eagerly awaiting student. Best of luck!

Nah not me....I asked for an extension. The first school to say yes had a 1500 deposit...1/2 due within 2 weeks. and I couldnt afford to lose that because if my first choice said yes, then I had to take the UNE biochem class (not cheap btw). Luckily my extension lasted until my first choice had their ADCOM meeting

The price of that course still gives me nightmares....especially towards the end of the semester when funds are running low:sad:

Funny thing is UNE doesn't require biochem. I mean so many students take their biochem to get into programs but ya dont need it to get into theirs. I think Im going to open a distance learning school that only provides pre-health curriculum along with my own bookstore--that alone should pad my pockets well:heheh:

@ just_me I took that biochem class at UNE, I know what you mean $$$.

Archived