Rutgers 2023-2024 Application Cycle

47 minutes ago, tookiki said:

I interviewed on July 18th. I got an email today that said I was rejected… I am devastated… But congrats to those that got accepted or on hold! Wishing you well and good luck!

Sorry to hear, friend. Any idea about what may have gone wrong in the interview? Or do you feel like your interview went well? 

Either way, you will find your program. They work to find people who will fit into their program just as much as people who think they fit into their program. I think most PA programs function this way. If Rutgers is the one for you, try again next cycle. Otherwise, keep applying to programs that are still open and wait on the ones you’ve applied to. You’ve got this.

I applied in June and received the email about moving on to second round on 6/27. Haven't heard anything since but I have a lot of new experiences I want to update them on. Just want to make sure if Rutgers allows updates after submitting and if so who is the correct person to send them to? Betty or Lori, the program director?

10 hours ago, rnz74 said:

I applied in June and received the email about moving on to second round on 6/27. Haven't heard anything since but I have a lot of new experiences I want to update them on. Just want to make sure if Rutgers allows updates after submitting and if so who is the correct person to send them to? Betty or Lori, the program director?

I sent an update with PCE hours to Betty a week or so ago and updated my hours on CASPA. She emailed me back confirming they see the change on my CASPA application and will take it into consideration

1 hour ago, starry89 said:

Got the second round email on 5/25, haven't heard anything since. Is it safe to assume I won't be receiving an interview?

Don’t assume anything. Stay positive! Everyone’s timing is different. Just because you haven’t received an interview yet doesn’t mean you’re out of the question. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, starry89 said:

Got the second round email on 5/25, haven't heard anything since. Is it safe to assume I won't be receiving an interview?

I agree with jules! You never know. I've seen in previous years' threads that people got interviews way after receiving the next screening email. Stay a bit more positive, pal. 

• Like 1

I interviewed on Aug 1st and I just got an email saying my file is under review of the admissions committee. For anyone curious they also said interviews should be completed by the end of December.

Maybe this means I'm on the waitlist? has anyone heard anything else from the Aug 1 interviews?