Rutgers 2023-2024 Application Cycle

1 hour ago, Soybeans said:

Sorry to hear, friend. I'm glad they got back to you so quickly, though. It's better than waiting months wondering. Did you get that "moving onto next round" email as well, or straight to the denial? That happened to me when I was denied last year-- straight to. 

Also, I agree with Thisyear. You're going to face a lot of rejections. I applied to 9 last year and was rejected from all. This year will be different. For you, too, as long as you know you put the work in. You get out what you put in. 🙂 I'm sure you did great. 

it was a straight denial, but you’re right though. i’d rather know that I was denied then just sit here waiting months! I really appreciate the encouraging words 😊 I really want to get into PA school and I will keep going until I get in!! 

2 hours ago, Thisyearistheyear said:

Don't give up! I am on my 3rd application cycle. I faced a lot of rejections but am on the waitlist for 3 schools last cycle and already have some interviews this cycle.

I interviewed with Rutgers last year with some pretty low stats

Keep working hard and you'll get there 🙂

thank you so much 😊 I’m on my second application cycle. I knew this was going to be hard trying to get in but all the support from this forum has helped me feel so much better. I really want to get in so I will keep applying until I get there!! 

On 6/18/2023 at 3:32 PM, Soybeans said:

You’ve got this. I’m hopeful because they review holistically. Very happy about that. That second email doesn’t guarantee an interview. Hoping I do get one though ofc!

On 6/17/2023 at 1:33 PM, Soybeans said:

I submitted and was verified May 31st. It took about two weeks to get that message.

I applied last cycle toward the end of June and never received that message, and got a rejection in September.

are you able to breifly say what you wrote in the letter......I find that I have a couple reasons to say but dont know how to make it sound strong/ serious

52 minutes ago, kmvNY0427 said:

I can help you out if you'd like! We can talk through private message about it. 🙂 I've submitted my apps at this point so all I have going on is work as of now. So I am free.

I could at least help guide you in the right direction. I personally don't know what they look for. Tbh I was just honest.

Edited by Soybeans

On 6/8/2023 at 12:37 PM, FuturePAMeg said:

Submitted on 5/25 

received that we have selected you to move to next round of screening email on 6/8 

also note that I have lower GPA and had to "explain circumstances" so don't lose hope. 

Interview invite today 6/22 for 7/18!!!! 

I want to share my dates and stats so whoever in the same boat don't lose hope. 

stats:

did 1 year post bacc

undergraduate gpa: 3.17

post bacc gpa: 3.66  

cumulative gpa: 3.25

undergraduate science gpa: 2.78

post bacc science gpa: 3.66

cumulative science gpa: 3.01

no GRE or other tests 

1,780 HCE hrs

3,084 PCE hrs 

unique background and life experiences. Strong personal statement and letter explaining circumstances for lower GPA. 

interviews are in person.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, FuturePAMeg said:

stats:

did 1 year post bacc

no GRE or other tests 

1,780 HCE hrs

3,084 PCE hrs 

unique background and life experiences. Strong personal statement and letter explaining circumstances for lower GPA. 

I will see you there on the 18th 🙂

Similar stats as you!

44 minutes ago, FuturePAMeg said:

stats:

did 1 year post bacc

no GRE or other tests 

1,780 HCE hrs

3,084 PCE hrs 

Hey hey congrats!! When did you get that next step email? 😄

I'm wondering if I'll even get an interview. I also got that next step email so I'm anxious. Got it on the 15th.

13 hours ago, Soybeans said:

Do they typically send out a date for interview emails for everyone on the same day? 🤔 

Im guessing they will do that, they can only do so many interviews in a day. Maybe they go in batches for interviews til the seats are filled if i had to take a guess. Im also super anxious its my first cycle and most of my applications are pending still and have received a couple rejections as of now, so I keep refreshing my email hoping for something. Nonetheless, really happy for those that are interviewing you will do great and be yourself, they like you enough to give you an interview opportunity

5 hours ago, Lisa1 said:

Im guessing they will do that, they can only do so many interviews in a day. Maybe they go in batches for interviews til the seats are filled if i had to take a guess. Im also super anxious its my first cycle and most of my applications are pending still and have received a couple rejections as of now, so I keep refreshing my email hoping for something. Nonetheless, really happy for those that are interviewing you will do great and be yourself, they like you enough to give you an interview opportunity

Just FYI I interviewed last year and got waitlisted and ended up not getting in. They do interviews until like November. So this is very likely the first interview session out of like 10. So don't panic. If you got that interview saying you moved to the second round of review I think that is typically a VERY good sign. I got that same email last year around August.

1 hour ago, Thisyearistheyear said:

Just FYI I interviewed last year and got waitlisted and ended up not getting in. They do interviews until like November. So this is very likely the first interview session out of like 10. So don't panic. If you got that interview saying you moved to the second round of review I think that is typically a VERY good sign. I got that same email last year around August.

Okay great I figured they’ll do numerous rounds no news is better than a rejection in my book, hopefully you get in this year if you’re applying again 

Hi guys. I applied late and was verified and under review on 06/18. Still haven’t received a second round email. This is my second time applying with graduate school grades this time around, so im really anxious. For those of you who received the 2nd screening email, about how many days after your verification email did you get that? Thanks and good luck everyone :)) 

10 hours ago, Prepa768 said:

Hi guys. I applied late and was verified and under review on 06/18. Still haven’t received a second round email. This is my second time applying with graduate school grades this time around, so im really anxious. For those of you who received the 2nd screening email, about how many days after your verification email did you get that? Thanks and good luck everyone :)) 

I wanna say up to a week it took 

On 6/24/2023 at 1:13 AM, Prepa768 said:

mine took about 2ish weeks after being verified