Rutgers 2023-2024 Application Cycle

• 2 months later...
21 hours ago, Lisa1 said:

Good luck everyone, first time applicant application received and in review on 5.18.23

Just got update today that my application was selected to move on to the next round of screening. 

They seem to be moving along. Fingers crossed 

2 hours ago, Thisyearistheyear said:

Anyone hear anything yet after getting the "we have selected you to move on to the next round of screening" email?

Nothing yet, its only been a week since they sent it. Hoping they send an update soon in the next couple weeks 

On 6/17/2023 at 1:33 PM, Soybeans said:

I submitted and was verified May 31st. It took about two weeks to get that message.

I applied last cycle toward the end of June and never received that message, and got a rejection in September.

thank you! i also have a lower gpa and had to explain so that gives me a little bit of hope! 

35 minutes ago, arima said:

thank you! i also have a lower gpa and had to explain so that gives me a little bit of hope! 

You’ve got this. I’m hopeful because they review holistically. Very happy about that. That second email doesn’t guarantee an interview. Hoping I do get one though ofc!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Soybeans said:

You’ve got this. I’m hopeful because they review holistically. Very happy about that. That second email doesn’t guarantee an interview. Hoping I do get one though ofc!

thank you 🙂 good luck to you!! hope you get an interview!! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, arima said:

unfortunately i got denied today. good luck to the rest of you!! ❤️ 

Don't give up! I am on my 3rd application cycle. I faced a lot of rejections but am on the waitlist for 3 schools last cycle and already have some interviews this cycle.

I interviewed with Rutgers last year with some pretty low stats

Keep working hard and you'll get there 🙂

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, arima said:

unfortunately i got denied today. good luck to the rest of you!! ❤️ 

Sorry to hear, friend. I'm glad they got back to you so quickly, though. It's better than waiting months wondering. Did you get that "moving onto next round" email as well, or straight to the denial? That happened to me when I was denied last year-- straight to. 

Also, I agree with Thisyear. You're going to face a lot of rejections. I applied to 9 last year and was rejected from all. This year will be different. For you, too, as long as you know you put the work in. You get out what you put in. 🙂 I'm sure you did great. 

Edited by Soybeans
  • Like 1